PDA

View Full Version : I'm back!

Blacktalon
07-12-2010, 12:25 PM
Good day fellow SBF members,

It's been a while since I've last been here. To summarize things quickly: My business has taken off quite unlike anything I've seen before. I'm redesigning my present page with something more fluid and cleaner, and I'm contemplating on which Board of Trade/Chambre of Commerce to join up with.

As for accomplishments since the last time I was here, I've learned PHP script by myself, and have managed to get a few new clients, one of which is a giant steel manufacturer in the Middle East. I'm also working on sales pitches to a couple of local businesses, and I've signed on a freelance graphic designer to help out with some of the work in that division of my business. So as you can see my plate is rather full at the moment. But I don't mind.

The wife and I bought a house in Whitby, a suburb of Toronto on the east side. It's in the process of being built now. Hopefully we'll be in there by late October/early November and we can get the hell out of this apartment we're in now.

How have all of you guys been lately?

Spider
07-12-2010, 02:22 PM
Well done, Sean! Welcome back.

vangogh
07-12-2010, 10:18 PM
Welcome back Sean. Did you notice the new coat of pain on the walls here?

Great to hear all the good news. I thought you might come back at the start of the baseball season. Your Jays were looking great for awhile, though they've fallen back a little in the last month or so. Lot's to look forward to with that pitching staff.

Can't speak for everyone else, but things have been going well for me too. Nice to see you back.

cbscreative
07-13-2010, 01:01 PM
I noticed you posted on the metrics thread and even commented about it. Welcome back. You must be somewhere around anniversary 2 or 3 by now, right? In addition to your business success, congrats on getting a woman to put up with you that long. :D

Blacktalon
07-14-2010, 03:06 PM
What can I say? It's my charm.

I did notice the fresh coat of paint here. Looks more modern and clean. Kudos to the interior decorating team.

vangogh
07-14-2010, 04:04 PM
Thanks. We're liking the new look too, though still adjusting. It's only been a week or so and the paint isn't completely dry yet.

Harold Mansfield
07-14-2010, 06:30 PM
Heeeyyy! Long time. Glad to hear all of the good news.

Blessed
07-21-2010, 09:50 AM
Welcome back Sean - sounds like you've been busy! Glad to hear all is well in your part of the world.