PDA

View Full Version : Some good news

prova.fm
07-20-2010, 08:42 PM
Hey guys,

I've got some good news I'd like to share. I have a national client using our services to launch a package design contest. It'll run Thursday morning. I'm pretty excited about it. Hopefully it'll draw some more attention.

Some good advice I read from the users here was to persevere. While I get into aspects of my business I'm not experienced with, simply persevering has helped overcome most obstacles. Hopefully someone else can benefit from the advice to persevere.

:)

Blessed
07-21-2010, 09:43 AM
Congratulations!

I hope the contest goes well. Perseverance is an essential trait for success.

KristineS
07-21-2010, 03:46 PM
Good for you. That's terrific news.

vangogh
07-21-2010, 05:36 PM
Congrats David. Perseverance is so important to business. We all hope to open the doors and be making a steady living from day one, but that doesn't happen most of the time. That perseverance helps you immerse yourself in your market and generally improve every part of your business. Most of us get some things wrong at the start and continue to get some things wrong along the way. If you don't hang in there you never give yourself a chance to correct those mistakes.

Let us know how it goes with the national client. Hopefully this one leads to more of the same.

prova.fm
07-22-2010, 01:00 AM
Blessed & KristineS, thank you very much. It's not often I like to boast, but I thought I'd give it a shot & help someone out who needs to persevere.

Steve, it was something you wrote that mentioned simply persevere. It helped me realize, my current course is normal. Starts are slow. I've been in the "marketing/publicizing" phase, & it's a task I'm not drawn to. But as I've forced myself (sloooowly) to do it, I'm getting better & actually enjoying it a bit. So to anyone else, persevere & push yourself to do the tasks you aren't a fan of & you may end up getting good at it....

I can now say who's holding the contest. It's the US Postal Service. To me, that's pretty big. They want a holiday image to attach to the Large Priority Mail Boxes they ship out from Hawaii. I'm hoping this can attract some attention of newspapers around the Country. (If anyone knows any business writers, I'd love an introduction).

I'll let you know how it goes. The USPS logo design contest is here (http://www.prova.fm/advertising/index.php?option=com_crowdsource&view=design&cid=370&Itemid=122).

Thanks guys!

em1880
07-22-2010, 10:56 AM
That's great, I'm new here, but hearing about your success in encouraging.

vangogh
07-22-2010, 08:37 PM
Welcome to the forum em1880. Good to know something here can encourage you. A lot of success is sticking with it so being encouraged is something good.