PDA

View Full Version : angies list

huggytree
08-03-2010, 08:38 PM
hurray! i finally got my first Angies List pos. feedback

i put alot of extra effort into this customer, so it felt great..

now what to do with it...Angies list called to offer me to advertise to get in the front...i think i remember it was $200+ a month...

anyone do it? any thoughts?

im considering it....$2400+ is alot of cash for something that could turn into nothing...

i just spent $600 to be First Webbers preferred plumber...thats gone no where...money completely wasted..

atleast Angies list customers would be a higher end customer-(id think)

cbscreative
08-03-2010, 09:28 PM
AL is highly targeted to home services providers, medical practitioners, and maybe a couple other groups. Most of the members here aren't likely to have much experience with them, but it's worth asking just in case.

I have no idea about advertising and its value in your case, but a good review there has significant value. Congrats.

Business Attorney
08-04-2010, 10:17 AM
I have hired several companies using Angie's List and am looking to do some things at my house that will lead me to using it again. I would certainly check out a plumber on Angie's list.

On the other hand, I dig down to research the actual reports and look at things like miles from my home and value. The fact that someone pays to get at the top of the list or highlighted in a different color would have zero effect on my decision.

huggytree
08-04-2010, 10:47 PM
Angies list says the people on the top of the list have a 10 to 1 better average of getting the call.

i will be contacting them when i get some free time....worth looking into ...for $200 a month ill pass...if its $50 then yea ill give it a shot...

they also say to have a coupon....to me that seems strange for Angies list

isnt the list about quality not price?