PDA

View Full Version : Anybody see this 10 y/o girl sing?

billbenson
08-14-2010, 12:05 AM
I'm not a classical music fan although I do like this song. In any case this kid has talent!

YouTube - America's Got Talent YouTube Special - Jackie Evancho (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKhmFSV-XB0)

Business Attorney
08-14-2010, 11:08 AM
That's a pretty amazing voice at any age.

Spider
08-14-2010, 11:49 AM
I can't seem to get past the sensation that she appears to be miming. I hope my senses are failing me!

vangogh
08-20-2010, 01:39 AM
Wow. Opera is not exactly my favorite kind of music, but that girl can sing. I never would have thought a 10 year old could sound like that either. I do have to say I was thinking similar to Frederick. I don't think she was miming, but it did seem that way at times. Maybe it's simply the voice is so unexpected for someone her age.

sequoiapayroll
08-26-2010, 12:09 PM
Amazing! Not a big opera fan, but wow!

KristineS
08-26-2010, 05:31 PM
I can't seem to get past the sensation that she appears to be miming. I hope my senses are failing me!

I think she might be Spider. It would be pretty dang rare for a kid to have a voice that full. Kid's voices are generally higher and go lower as you get older. When I was young I was a true first soprano, the kind that could shatter glass on the high notes. Now I'm a mezzo at best.

I just don't see a kid having a voice that rich. They don't have the lung capacity or muscle strength for it.

I could be wrong, and I'm just basing it off what I saw in the video and what I know about singing, but it looked to me like she was lip syncing.

billbenson
08-27-2010, 12:28 AM
Well, I asked my sister who has a masters degree in opera and this is what she said:

Well, I had to watch it a couple times: at first I said no way but, then, there's her full breathing, her mouth slightly quivering (many singers have that) and the fact that she is singing directly into a microphone which amplifies her undoubtedly smaller sound. So....I say....yes

KristineS
08-27-2010, 01:36 PM
O.k., since I don't have a master's degree in opera, I'll bow to the expert. She has an amazing voice for such a young kid.