PDA

View Full Version : Are women leading the way these days in business?

Harold Mansfield
10-11-2010, 10:05 AM
I saw a story on CNN the other day and I think it said that women make up 60 percent of the workforce now.

I didn't notice it before until I saw the story but thinking back now, pretty much all of my clients since last Nov (when I started) have been women. I looked at my contacts of clients and yep, 90 percent women.

I don't really have a point or anything profound to say about it, I just thought it was interesting that I see more women starting businesses right now, than men.

phanio
10-11-2010, 01:11 PM
Would not beleive much from CNN - but, it does appear that some industries are seeing an uptick in women owned businesses - but, it is not in all industries.

vangogh
10-12-2010, 12:00 PM
Interesting. Can't say I've noticed anything in regards to my clients, but that wouldn't be a large enough sample size to say anything conclusive anyway. There are more woman than men in the U.S. though I think it's much closer to a 50/50 split. 60 percent sounds a little high.

Is it possible they were talking about a specific industry or several groups of industries?

I'd be asking the same thing if the study said 60 percent of the workforce was men. 100 years ago I wouldn't question that, but today I would think the breakdown would be closer to 50/50.

greenoak
10-20-2010, 10:50 PM
looking at it from the other end...the buying decisions on the big stuff in our store are probably 80 or 90 percent by women.... the husbands might have a little part....but not much...
we all pay attention to the wives..and moms...