PDA

View Full Version : blame game

huggytree
10-24-2010, 10:57 PM
had another customer blame me for unrelated plumbing in their house

i redid a 2nd floor shower mixing valve....now the kitchen faucet and 1st floor bath faucet are leaking....of course since i was there 4 days ago its me.....they asked me to come and fix them for free....of course i said no since i never even touched them.

this is happening 1-2x a month now....its a recent issue...i cant remember this happening ever until this year

anyone else see this?

greenoak
10-24-2010, 11:55 PM
i hope you are going over your terms and limitations well enough..if so thats about all you can do...you cant go along with that kind of stuff...
.but i do think its getting worse.... i really think people are geting more dishonest....it seems like they will say anything to push thier view... almost like there are no consequences for lying...

huggytree
10-26-2010, 08:03 PM
you cant cover yourself for the 1,000 things that could happen...common sense says when i didnt even touch it that it cant be my fault...they are just bad customers..thats why i dont give an inch...

nealrm
10-26-2010, 09:55 PM
HT - Just admit it, it was your fault. Along with the battery in the car going bad, the roof leaking and the bad rain storm we had here last night. Just confess. :rolleyes:

ParaTed2k
10-26-2010, 10:44 PM
The saying goes "the customer is always right", however, it should say "customers worth keeping are always right". Since many are not worth keeping, there is no reason to bend over backwards for them. However, the ones that are worth keeping are very much worth doing all we can for them.