PDA

View Full Version : craziest customer yet

huggytree
10-29-2010, 09:23 PM
i did a master bath remodel...medium price range for a millionare w/ a horse farm (she has a grounds keeper full time..she's loaded but frugle)

she was very upset w/ me because i made her buy her fixtures through me. she wouldnt sign the contract until she made sure i knew she wasnt happy (i was the low bidder, but obviously not low enough)

she calls weekly....the project has been done for 6 weeks...every week something new

1. the hand held shower isnt powerful enough
2. the sink drains are too noisy, what kind of pipe did you use?
3. the shower drain is too noisy
4. there are water spots on the shower handle and trim

i have started to ignore her now...i went there tonight to replace her hand held shower head just to show im doing something...i am claiming it under Kohlers warranty...it made no difference...they are limited to 2.5 gpm and when your on the 2nd floor and its a well which drops to 40psi its just poor spray....she wants a body massage from it....i explained 2 - 2.5 gpm doesnt massage.....she says she paid alot for this bathroom and wants it perfect.....

what do you do with someone who complains about water spots like its my fault? she chose a brushed finish and the water isnt going to just wipe off like chrome..i have now told her i will not come back for anything other than a leak...i told her to call Kohler with her further issues....i give a 1 year warranty and i think she's trying to take advantage of me because she didnt want to pay my markup on fixtures...........i think she's trying to get hundreds back in extra labor/time.

i almost laughed at her when she complained about the water spots....i thought it was a joke

before this i had a bad customer who didnt like the bubbles in her kitchen faucet...i explained it was from the aerator...she said i was wrong...i replaced parts 2x and then she complained about a whining noise AND bubbles...finally i replaced the faucet and explained i would not discuss her kitchen faucet any further....she is still not happy i hear

how do these people function? (i think both could be Autistic...they seem different..something you notice within 2-3 minutes of meeting them)

greenoak
10-31-2010, 09:07 AM
what a hassle for you...get your NO on and be fair and quit explaining to her....thats the only way i see to deal with it..
..im so glad i dont do service!!!

huggytree
10-31-2010, 03:24 PM
i always try to give a bit..i go the extra mile when i have to......but when a customer clearly crosses the line i end it....i know i wont be getting any future work from her and probably never was going to from the start....she's the type who's never been happy with anything...

everyone can find 1 thing they arent happy with on a project....for her to be unhappy with 4 things shows she is a nut.....i will fix anything she wants, but she's going to have to pay me for my time...free bee's are over