PDA

View Full Version : Help! I need a clientele history and info software.

kriscut3
11-26-2010, 09:56 PM
Can someone suggest a good software to manage clientele information? I want to be able to schedule appointments and keep appointment history filed under the client profile. It has to be user friendly!

vangogh
11-27-2010, 12:11 PM
First what operating system do you use? I'm guessing Windows, but let us know if you may be using a Mac or even Linux. Also are you looking for something that's a desktop program or would you be fine using a web application that you access through a browser?

I use a few different programs to manage client information. I'm on a Mac and the basic contact information is stored in Mac's Address Book program. It also allows me to store a few notes about each client if I need any. I also take advantage of the Mac calendar program to schedule appointments. I don't need to keep an appointment history. I have another Mac specific program called Billings3, which lets me manage projects for clients as well as create invoices for them. Billings3 does offer a number of reporting options as well as time tracking so I can see how much time and what projects I've worked on for any one client or how much time and what projects I've worked on in different categories of services I offer.

All the above programs are easy to use, though again they are specific to a Mac and may not work for you.

Other than scheduling appointments and keeping the history of those appointments what other requirements do you have? I'm not sure, but I would think Outlook can handle the appointments and the history. Having never used it I can't tell you how hard or easy it is to use, but I suspect it's not to hard.

Harold Mansfield
11-27-2010, 02:25 PM
I just use Quickbooks and Outlook. The are cross compatible so the information of one imports into the other.
About $100 for Outlook 10 and $180 for Quickbooks Pro 2010.

If you are just need appointment management alone, Outlook works just fine and you can sync it with most phones, Ipod Touch, iPad, Blackberry, and Droid based devices with the right apps.

nowms
11-27-2010, 07:49 PM
I would suggest Microsofts Dynamic CRM. It is AMAZING! Check it out.

Harold Mansfield
11-27-2010, 09:28 PM
I would suggest Microsofts Dynamic CRM. It is AMAZING! Check it out.

You know I checked it out and it does look pretty nice, but I went through the entire website and couldn't find HOW MUCH. I hate when a product website doesn't have prices.
Can you give me some idea of what it costs?

Steve B
11-28-2010, 09:16 AM
I've used Outlook for the last ten years or so. We also use Quickbooks - both are very use to use.

nowms
12-02-2010, 11:54 PM
Dynamic CRM from Microsoft is $45 per month per user. You can get discounts from some sites, I've seen it as low as $29p/m and it is worth every penny, and I really mean every penny.