PDA

View Full Version : New Years resolutions for Entrepreneurs

Harold Mansfield
12-31-2010, 08:28 AM
A nice little list of things to accomplish in the new year from Entrepreneurs.com
Here's a couple of my favorites:

Growing
Turn your small mom-and-pop business into a bigger opportunity this year by launching the projects you never got around to in 2010. -- Lisa Druxman,Mompreneur

Prioritizing
Ask yourself, “What can I stop doing?” Begin to put stronger accountability practices into place to create a better business foundation. -- Nina Kaufman, Making It Legal

Mobile Marketing
Make mobile marketing a high priority. Capture mobile shoppers by updating your website to load quickly in a variety of browsers and making them Facebook and Twitter interactive. Offer competitive pricing and tap into the soaring popularity of coupons by texting them to your customers' mobile phones. -- Kim T. Gordon, Marketing

Source:
New Year's Resolutions for Entrepreneurs | Reuters (http://www.reuters.com/article/idUS231083604920101230)

Spider
12-31-2010, 09:22 AM
#3 sounds like a great way to lose customers. Spam has started on my cellphone - and I NEVER give my cellphone number to anyone. How do they find my number?! Considering that one has to pay for incoming calls, this is as bad as fax-spam.

The other two are good, though. Especially #1 - my business focusses on that concept.

Harold Mansfield
12-31-2010, 09:59 AM
I don't subscribe to the text messaging thing either, but, it does work with teens. I also see night clubs, local bands and entertainers, and restaurants use it well. Opt in, of course.
Just buying a list ( a la mortgage companies) is just spamming.

AaronConway
12-31-2010, 10:38 AM
The texting feature can work as long as it's "opt-in". JC Penney has had some success with it. Spam is never good in any form...except maybe deep fried.

Aaron

daveb
01-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Yeah #1 - Time to start acting and not dreaming! Though dreaming throughout acting is necessary for all entrepreneurs. haha

andymc
01-04-2011, 08:00 PM
Mobile text marketing is a tough one at this point. I would shy away from it.
It's just starting to catch on for downloadable app's to display ad's... but thats still a far cry away from being accepted. Getting a mobile text ad right now is still widely considered spam (my opinion anyways). I think I would shy away from the vendor who sent me one... just as if I received a cold call.