PDA

View Full Version : Problem with this forum logging me out

jamesray50
01-04-2011, 02:07 AM
I am having a problem with the forum automatically logging me out if I am inactive for a short while. Is there a setting somewhere that does this that I can change? Today is the first day it has done it. I usually log in when I turn my computer on and then check back periodically for new posts, but every time I have done that today I have had to log back in.
I have never had to do that before.

vangogh
01-04-2011, 03:27 AM
I'm not sure why it would be any different today than other days. Nothing has changed with the forum. You can try checking the remember me box when you log in. It's supposed to log you back in when your session expires, though I don't think it works for everyone. I just have my browser remember the login info so if I'm logged out I don't have to type in the username and password again.

Currently you get timed out after 30 minutes of inactivity, which I think is actually more time than most forums use. The default is 15 minutes. There are legitimate reasons, security being one, for not allowing people to stay logged in without any activity.