Hi there I'm obviously new to the community and just want to say hello

I'm currently in the military and will be getting out soon
Just want to see what market is good for building in now with
the current economical enviroment.

look forward to seeing whats out there and joining the civilian ranks

Jerry

jamesray50
01-24-2011, 07:51 PM
Hi Jerry, looking forward to getting to know you.

JerryM
01-24-2011, 08:03 PM
Thanks James I started out by first finding an avatar that inspires me

vangogh
01-24-2011, 10:46 PM
Welcome to the forum Fozzie…I mean Jerry. Any ideas what you're thinking of doing in business when you get out of the military?

You can make money in any economy. In fact some of the largest companies around got their start in bad economies. When things are down it usually means things like advertising are less expensive so if you have some capital you can buy things you'll likely need for your business anyway, but for much less than at other times.

Looking forward to getting to know you better and thanks for joining the community.

phanio
01-25-2011, 08:31 AM
As stated, you can make money in any economy. People and businesses always need things to make their lives function. The question is, what are passionate about and do other have needs around your passion?

Spider
01-25-2011, 08:35 AM
Welcome aboard, Jerry. Starting up during bad times is great - you can buy stuff - equipment, furniture, supplies - at pennies on the dollar from all those companies that didn't make it. And all the customers that have been set adrift by the failing companies still need products and services that you can now provide. In fact, these are the best of times for starting a new business.

KristineS
01-25-2011, 10:17 AM
Welcome to the forum Jerry. I like the avatar. Fozzie is always inspiring.

501graphics
01-25-2011, 10:32 AM
Hey Jerry! Wakka-wakka-wakka!

Harold Mansfield
01-25-2011, 12:11 PM
Hi Jerry.
First let me thank you for your service and welcome to the forum.
Yeah, the economy kind of sucks, but not for everyone. If we all waited for perfect conditions, none of us would have a business. I probably wouldn't open a construction company right now unless you have a line of jobs waiting since no one is building anything right now, but any and everything tech is moving along at a non stop pace.

Where I live UE just broke a record at 14.5%. That means 85.5% of the people still have jobs and money and still need stuff.

craigb
01-25-2011, 09:53 PM
Welcome Jerry what field in the Military did you work in.
Try to find a sector that reflects the knowledge and experience you already have and can build on

Fozzie isn't on your current resume though I hope haha

cbscreative
01-27-2011, 01:59 PM
Welcome to our group, Jerry/Fozzie. Thank you for helping to protect the freedom we have to run our own businesses. I hope your's is successful too and that you learn a lot from the experienced people here.