PDA

View Full Version : Hi. I'm Ruth

ruth
02-06-2011, 02:02 AM
For social and business reasons, I am so GLAD to have found this forum! What a great group of people with varied businesses!

I have sold one popular specialty craft item (five brands) on my own website and on several other websites for four years. It is an internet-only business. Sales are surprisingly good, but knowing that fad items come and go, I am here hoping to gain insight as to whether or not to expand into other items.

My business is part-time and I work at home. I want it to STAY part-time but more income would be nice.

I live in North Florida in the outlying area of a very small, rural town.

Spider
02-06-2011, 10:26 AM
Welcome aboard, Ruth.

vangogh
02-06-2011, 10:34 AM
Welcome to the forum Ruth. I know you've been here a little while already, but I'm glad you're letting us all give you the official welcome. Nothing wrong with staying part time and you can still maximize how much you make in that part time. You may want to consider every so often giving a little more time to your business in order to help it get to another level. Maybe give an extra 10 hours here or there kind of thing and then go back to the usual hours you had been keeping.

Thanks for joining the community.

ruth
02-06-2011, 02:40 PM
I neglected to say that I am a retired municipal, clerical worker. My experience portfolio also includes buying a distressed four-plex in a historically significant neighborhood, renovating it, renting it and managing it. I designed and maintain my two websites (often struggling to keep up with such fast changes) and both are always on most search engines' first pages - usually the first and second items. I taught myself a craft and excelled in it, turned it into a business, and it morphed into selling high end craft items. I have never borrowed money - just kept reinvesting it back into the business. My customers are worldwide.

I also neglected to say that living in a very rural area and having a stay-at-home job is very lonely! I very much appreciate this board!

vangogh
02-06-2011, 11:44 PM
You're pretty busy, but in a good way. Why not add a forum signature with links to both of your sites. That way we can all see and the links will give you some benefit where search engines are concerned. Let me know if you're not sure how to add a signature.

KristineS
02-07-2011, 12:37 PM
Welcome to the forum Ruth. Sounds like you've had some interesting experiences. Hopefully you'll share what you've learned here.

cbscreative
02-07-2011, 03:59 PM
Welcome, Ruth. I've been seeing you around the forum too, but it's nice to see your official intro thread to give you a proper welcome.

pauline
02-09-2011, 07:47 AM
Hello Ruth, nice to meet you

Like you I am new here but I come from Bristol in England very far away from you ;)
Florida makes me dream !
I look foward to share with you as soon as possible.

I wish you the best

Pauline