PDA

View Full Version : hi from portland or

baowrypdx
02-06-2011, 06:08 AM
Hi everyone! My name is Molly and i recently opened a food cart in Portland OR. It is a small relatively simple business but i am still really interested in getting to know and learning from other entrepreneurs.

Steve B
02-06-2011, 09:47 AM
Hi Molly. I'm not really sure what you mean by a food cart. I'd love to hear more detail about your business and your background.

vangogh
02-06-2011, 10:12 AM
Welcome to the forum Molly. Is your cart in one fixed location or is it more mobile where you can drive it around to different businesses in the area?

Glad to have you have here and thanks for joining the community.

Spider
02-06-2011, 10:17 AM
Welcome aboard, Molly. I thought a food cart was what my wife used in the supermarket when doing the grocery shopping. Obviously there's more to it than that!

ruth
02-06-2011, 02:26 PM
Is this a food delivery service? I had never heard of an internet "food cart".

mattbeck
02-06-2011, 02:28 PM
Hi Molly,

I'm here in PDX too. What's your cart about? Are you mobile or which lot/pod are you in?

For those not familiar, Portland has a booming food cart community. Some move around, but most stay parked in pods tucked into business districts. Think of a corner hot dog cart, but make it about 1000x more awesome.

Many of them are serving up the most authentic ethnic food to be had in town, there is a cart for everything.

Around the corner from my Apt there is a pod that has about a dozen carts I'd guess. Best There are many more scattered around town.

ruth
02-06-2011, 03:10 PM
Ah ha! During my downtown working years I often wished for a nearby gourmet food cart! (We had lots of hot dog carts!) If I were still in the big city I might be interested in doing this for a year or two. I LOVE to cook ethnic foods - all kinds! I'd have a Greek day, an Indian Day, a Mexican Day, an Italian Day...and a Spanish Day!!!!

Steve B
02-07-2011, 07:28 AM
Oh. In Philly we called them roach coaches. I went to school at Temple Univ. and we had a wide variety of ethnic food roach coaches to choose from. What a great variety, great food, and all at a fair price.

KristineS
02-07-2011, 12:36 PM
Welcome to the forum Molly. Sounds like you have any interesting business.

cbscreative
02-07-2011, 03:55 PM
I figured the food cart was probably what we refer to in my area as "mobile catering" which can be anything from a push cart to a converted truck. Welcome to the SBF, Molly.