PDA

View Full Version : Options for best Acctg & CRM that work together?

CFTech
03-07-2011, 03:34 PM
've been a long time user of Quickbooks. However, I'm on 2008 and will need to be upgrading soon. I am also giving consideration to the use of a online CRM. Given the number of folks unhappy with QB, I'm considering other solutions. And, hosted or online solutions do seem to be pretty popular these days. I've looked at Zoho Books and also Freshbooks. But, haven't ruled out QB2011.

What Acctg and CRM solutions are folks using? Which ones will talk to one another and make life easier? I sure would like to reduce my duplication. Right now, I'm entering all my new client info in my VOIP app, Quickbooks, Zoho CRM, and then again in Google Contacts.

Any help in reducing my redundancy is appreciated. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed on my busy days/weeks.

Thanks much,

Brian

Harold Mansfield
03-07-2011, 04:57 PM
I'm happy with QB and Outlook. I'll probably be even happier once I learn everything that I can do with QB and get it configured completely. But that is based on my needs. We probably have different needs.
For me, all I need is to have my contact and client information work with communication (email, Phone, Skype) billing, invoicing and payment options...and of course perform basic bookkeeping.
It does that, so I'm pretty happy with it.

davidmorisseau
03-08-2011, 01:41 PM
I can't think of anything much more annoying than constant double entry. It's error-prone, too. There's a lot of CRM solutions out there but likely you'll end up with a combination of tools if you go with a single CRM. What I mean is, you'll end up with a CRM system, an accounting system, then whatever else you use to collaborate, etc. This type of workflow style is really discouraging and generally something you want to avoid. Integration is important for getting things done.

My suggestion is to go with a consolidated solution that pre integrates features so that you don't have to constantly jump between systems, or enter information so many times. With a properly integrated solution, you can manage all aspects of your work you need to in one single, web-based location. I know that WORKetc combines CRM with finances as well as project management. Under WORKetc you'd be able to manage all CRM related tasks (contacts, leads, sales actions, alerts, reporting, etc) but also in the same application finances and projects are deeply integrated, so that you can invoice clients, quote them, manage product lists, expenses, etc. Everything is deeply integrated to the point where you can attach items to one another for quick association and easy reference, and also move items throughout your software as the client lifecycle progresses. Handling the entire client lifecycle in one location has a load of benefits. I'm not sure of the scale of your operations, but WORKetc might be worth a look. Google them, the site can tell you more than I can.