PDA

View Full Version : new to small business from New Orleans

fireandsafetyguy
03-14-2011, 08:52 AM
Hi everyone! Thanks for letting me seek out some answers that I am looking for.

A little bit about me. My name is David and I’ve been in the fire and safety field for 9 years now, working for a big corporation where I certify an array of fire and safety life devices and systems. My most recent past has been in the fire extinguishers, kitchen suppression systems, and clean agent system inspections.
My experience with a small business aspect is not much more than performing the work that is needed to bring in the money. My current position does not allow me to see any of the billing and money handling side of a business. Having that being said, I am here to ask a few questions about being a partnership in a small business in the same field that I am about to embark on.
I invite any and all advice. In fact, I want you to tell me what I am doing wrong!

Patrysha
03-14-2011, 11:20 AM
Hi David. Welcome to sbf!

My knowledge in the Fire and Safety field is limited to what I learned during the brief period that I had an industrial fire and safety business as a client...and the little I've been picking up about filling dusters for wildfire suppression...but there are a few people here who know about partnerships and such...

vangogh
03-14-2011, 11:30 AM
Welcome to the forum David. Other than some obvious basics I can't claim to know much about the fire and safety field. I'm glad there are others who do. Where your business is concerned, don't worry, we'll tell you what your doing wrong We're not shy on sharing opinions. Of course do keep in mind they are opinions. Nothing any of us says should be taken on blind faith.

Nice to have you here and thanks for joining the community.

KristineS
03-14-2011, 12:57 PM
Welcome to the forum David. I'm sure you'll find lots of helpful advice here.

fireandsafetyguy
03-14-2011, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I'm currently searching throughout past topics for any answers before posting up questions I have.

Spider
03-14-2011, 03:39 PM
Welcome aboard, David.

cbscreative
03-21-2011, 12:38 PM
Welcome, David. We probably only have few people here familiar with the technical aspects of your business, but the overall business experience is worth sticking around for. That's especially true for you being new to business. Welcome aboard.