PDA

View Full Version : spring break = no calls

huggytree
03-30-2011, 12:29 PM
calls just stopped this week....i couldnt figure it out since i was getting a few a day for weeks now and its been building....

the wife informed me its spring break and i remember it doing this every year

anyone else notice a big drop off during spring break?

even the traffic was about 20percent less driving through downtown Milwaukee at 8am

billbenson
03-30-2011, 12:54 PM
Is it residential or contractors? I sell primarily B2B and spring break has never affected me.

Harold Mansfield
03-30-2011, 01:07 PM
Spring Break means nothing to my business. I don't deal with families.

Dan Furman
03-30-2011, 01:08 PM
I don't deal w/ families either, but I do notice a general slowdown in traditional "vacation" windows.

Spider
03-30-2011, 02:36 PM
I was up to my elbows in dogs! Lots of time off from coaching to play with my wife's "guests." This was probably the busiest Spring Break we had ever experienced.

I like Spring Break!

greenoak
03-30-2011, 06:03 PM
this week has been wierdly slow....maybe thats it...

huggytree
04-02-2011, 08:26 AM
i had ONE call ALL WEEK!!!....and it was a price shopper(i think it was a competitor)

so since i had no calls i have NOTHING scheduled for next week....im sure something will come in, but WOW last week was bad for calls....

im painting my daughters room Pink on Monday, cutting up a fallen tree on Tuesday and looking for more home improvement projects to keep me busy through the week....i was going to pay someone to chop up the tree, but now i save $400 and ill do it myself just to stay busy.....

Steve B
04-02-2011, 02:00 PM
That's a good use of the down time. Maybe there are some other marketing type things you can do to be EVEN busier when things pick up again.

Our break is coming up - so I hope the calls slow down just a bit so I can get caught up.

CloptonCapital
04-04-2011, 12:44 PM
My insurance traffic has tanked mostly over spring break but not commercial financing