PDA

View Full Version : Facebook?

Duston McGroarty
04-01-2011, 08:22 AM
I am very stubborn when it comes to trying new things...

So when I kept hearing how well marketers were doing on Facebook...

...of course I didn't believe them and assumed it was a ploy to get me to opt-in to one of their stupid products.

Come to find out...I was wrong!

Here's what happened...I recently conducted a test...I JUST joined Facebook back in August and I joined for one reason...

...To see what kind of results I could get...

I have to admit...I'm a little blown away by it all!

Today will be a total of 41 days that I've been on Facebook and here are the current results as of today...

1,481 friends
243 members in the Facebook group I created
58.7% conversion rate on my squeeze page (linked from Facebook)
[I]51 subscribers IN 2 DAYS!:D

I guess you could say...I was wrong and it doesn't pay to be stubborn. There's no secret to how I did any of the above.

I could probably create a product and sell it based on these results...

But I'll just tell you how...:)

I created my own profile page (using my OWN PICTURE of MYSELF), requested to be friends with a few of the gurus (Mike Filsaime, Chris Farrell)...

...And requested to be friends with their friends.

Then over the course of the next thirty days, I just interacted with as many people as possible...helping them with problems, answering questions, posting some cool free stuff too help them out (WITHOUT PROMOTING ANYTHING - NO AFFILIATE LINKS!)...

Then, just yesterday...I finally told them I had this awesome free gift that I thought would really help them out...I had already built the trust, they know me and... the gift is pretty cool!

That's why my conversion is so high...

What it boils down to is Facebook really is a great tool...if used correctly...so please, take what I've given you here and put it to use!

I hope this helps you get going if you're stuck right now!

All the best!
Duston

websonalized
04-21-2011, 07:39 PM
Facebook's in page "like" API is also very good. Once you have integrated your facebook API button, and people can like your website, from your website, you can contact those who like your website and such.

greenoak
04-22-2011, 01:44 PM
thats amazing duston...and it was mainly FREE!!! whats it called? i want to see it...i didnt see a link toit on your website....
my daughter has the best one going that i know about... she just has her customers tuned in to her thing...sometimes they express interest in buying a thing before s he even gets it to her store....she sends pictures from her phone right to her facebook....
mines pretty good but not written as fun as hers...