PDA

View Full Version : mobile phones?....

greenoak
04-04-2011, 09:19 AM
do i need to do any special marketing to reach folks with the new phones...iphones? im hearing about this a little but it isnt sinking in....
i have google places,,,,
thanks

KristineS
04-04-2011, 09:55 AM
Some businesses are creating versions of their website that can more easily be viewed on smartphones.

boogle
04-11-2011, 12:48 PM
Depending on your business and volume/capitol apps for your customers are a totally separate development. I was help create an app for a restaurant a while back that was really big about marketing their fresh vegetables they got them from local farmers. The app would have them log which farmers they got their most recent shipment in and when most the veggies they got had been picked (The farmers would just tell them). Then customers could log into the app and see on any given day what local farms their food came from that day and how fresh they were.

You can now check in on facebook at any location. I run an after-school music program and tell parents if they check in to my address when they drop their kid of each week I give them a 10% discount. I have probably spent $50 dollars in discounts and have had three people sign up directly from that, each paying $40/month, not a bad ROI (A the best part is I do not have to do a thing!)

We never got past the development stages because the expense was getting to high for them but I thought it was a cool idea.

Harold Mansfield
04-11-2011, 01:33 PM
do i need to do any special marketing to reach folks with the new phones...iphones? im hearing about this a little but it isnt sinking in....
i have google places,,,,
thanks

As long as you can be found using location services and apps, that's pretty much all that you can do on that end. The only other thing to be concerned about is is your website can be viewed on a mobile device..and then that's really only a concern if you think it is.

I don't think you are asking about advertising or app creation, are you?

Paper Shredder Clay
04-11-2011, 01:42 PM
Unless your site is mostly Flash, you should be pretty good. You might want to search for mobilizing your site, such as using viewports in the code.