PDA

View Full Version : Solving the Veteran Unemployment Problem

VetsinBiz
04-25-2011, 04:41 PM
Hi.

I am a VP with a nonprofit organization, Patriot Enterprise Project, Inc (PEPI), that authored a new GI bill which would allow veterans to use 100% of their GI benefits to start a small business.

The bill could not only put thousands of veterans into their own small business, but create tens of thousands of jobs as a result. Those are some impressive numbers, the kind that can move the needle on veteran unemployment.

Once passed by Congress and enacted by President Obama, the non-partisan bill would direct over $150 billion to the creation of more than 70,000 new veteran-owned businesses, and indirectly, an estimated 300,000 new jobs.

The bill is revenue-neutral meaning the funds are already allocated. So there would be no cost to taxpayers and no increase to our already over-burned Federal budget.

Writing and promoting legislation costs money. Our executives will be doing a great deal of traveling to Washington. To step up donations, the organization has created a sweepstakes. PEPI will give away 1,000 iPad2s over the next year and a half. People who donate are automatically entered to win.

Of course, it isn’t just about iPAD2s or the politics of war. It’s about creating real and immediate opportunities for America’s veterans and their families.

PEPI is also has a letter sending campaign. They are asking people to send letters supporting the bill to their congressmen through their website. It is a fast, easy process. The company feels that the more our congressmen see voter's support, the faster the bill can move through congress.

Thank you for this opportunity to introduce myself and our veteran business cause.

Paula Serber

vangogh
04-25-2011, 05:02 PM
Welcome to the forum Paula. Sounds like you're working for a good cause and I wish you luck. Glad to have you here and thanks for joining the community.

cbscreative
04-26-2011, 01:11 PM
Great intro! I like the idea of having people who have served to help protect our free enterprise system receiving some of the rewards. Welcome to the SBF, Paula.