PDA

View Full Version : ANOTHER howdy from DFW (well really just north of Dallas)

posylane
05-01-2011, 05:44 PM
I have been doing more and more business reading in trying to keep up with what my wife is doing. She does a web based business with personalized gifts and just started a new venture with embroidery in Dallas, but with a commercial focus. All told she has been in business for herself about 4 years, but she spent about 3 years getting ready.

I do her financials, technical support, and business paperwork. She and her peeps do all the actual work.

vangogh
05-01-2011, 07:11 PM
Welcome to the forum posylane. Sounds like you and your wife make for a pretty good team. That kind of partnership usually works best when each person is responsible for different things in the business. Glad to have you here and thanks for joining the community.

cbscreative
05-02-2011, 11:57 AM
Welcome to the business world, and the forum.

KristineS
05-02-2011, 12:09 PM
Welcome to the forum posylane. In my day job, I work for a company that sells embroidery supplies, so I'm fairly familiar with all that goes into running an embroidery business. It's a fun business but there's a lot that goes into it. Sounds like you and your wife have worked out a good arrangement for handling all the details.

Tri-Win
05-05-2011, 11:43 AM
Hi Posylane, Welcome to the forum. I just found 3 others from Dallas in this forum so you are in good company.