PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a pc repair man

Kevinw
05-08-2011, 01:42 PM
Hello everyone,

I have joined the forum to get information to expand my business and also help others.

I have been running mobil computer repair business for the past 7 years. It has grown to the point that I need to get any permits or llc protection. I have errors and omissions ins for 2mil but I am ready to take it to the next level and need to get legit. Also looking to hire my first employee for sales and promotion of the business.

Thanks for any advise you can give.

vangogh
05-08-2011, 01:48 PM
Welcome to the forum Kevin. Sounds like an exciting time for your business. We'll offer any thoughts we can to help you get to the next level and hopefully our thoughts will be useful.

Nice to have you here and thanks for joining the community.

Spider
05-08-2011, 05:22 PM
Welcome aboard, Kevin. There's always a wide variety of opinion on offer so you'll be well supplied with choice.

Russ in Vancouver
05-09-2011, 03:49 AM
Hi Kevin,

Welcome!!
I hope I may be able to help out in some way or another.

Curious question: What type of people use your services the most? small/meduim businesses, home based businesses, residential do you find that there are customers that hate to leave their computers in a shop because it may have confidential and personal files on the hdd?

cbscreative
05-09-2011, 12:10 PM
Welcome, Kevin. I'm a PC tech myself, but far less officially. In my case, it's an added value for the primary services so I can answer tech questions that relate to the business or project. Beyond that, I mostly do in house troubleshooting, upgrades, etc. Lately, I've been too busy with that, including today, but that's a separate story. I'm sure you also get to experience the family thing too. Once people know you know computers, you become the family PC doctor. :)

Enjoy the forum, you'll get plenty of interaction here.

Business Attorney
05-10-2011, 10:45 AM
Hi, Kevin. welcome to our community.

As for your question about getting "legit", let me point you to two of my articles rather than rehash a lot of stuff we have gone through in these forums before: Sole Proprietorship or LLC? (http://www.limitedliabilitycompanycenter.com/sole-proprietorship-vs-llc.html) and How Limited is Limited Liability? (http://www.limitedliabilitycompanycenter.com/how_limited_is_limited_liability.html).

If you have any questions after reading those articles, please feel free to post them. Rather than continue the discussion here, though, you should post your new questions in the "Starting Your Business" forum or "Legal & HR" forum.

Great to have you!