PDA

View Full Version : facebook posting...

greenoak
05-19-2011, 07:00 PM
i just read a neat article about posting good content on facebook.... here 6 Ways to Grow Your Business With Content | Social Media Examiner (http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/6-ways-to-grow-your-business-with-content/)
but i have a question....if you want to follow his advice and post a nice detailed info post or interview or how to article on facebook , where would it be?.... on the wall or a link to the post, or a note?
his ideas seemed really on target...

Patrysha
05-19-2011, 07:51 PM
Those would typically be on your blog/website, they aren't talking about building the content on FB. As far as I can tell, they are talking about content that will create buzz and get linked to from FB and Twitter and so on. That is the way I read it and seeing how the links don't go to FB posts but other articles within the blog/website.

greenoak
05-19-2011, 08:27 PM
thanks....but i want to put it on facebook...
his ideas about good content are what im trying to focus on at this time on my facebook page....i have to come up with something 3 or 4 times a week on there.... or every day if i follow grandma mary's advice...
so how would you best get facebook fans to see a few paragraphs? with some pictures..?

Patrysha
05-19-2011, 09:34 PM
Personally, I'd likely go with customized tabs...set em up pretty that way and highlight them with a status update...but the downside of that is that they wouldn't be archived, cuz it'd be too messy to have more than a current set of them up.

You could use the notes section, but I don't think you can put pics in there...and I'm not sure if it will broadcast as a status update when you write a note as a page. It hasn't really come up because my clients seldom use notes because they like having traffic going to their site and don't want to come up with unique content for FB beyond the status updates.

KristineS
05-20-2011, 11:59 AM
Just put it up as a link. There's a link option where you could post the link to the content and then write a comment about the link. That would probably be easiest.

greenoak
05-20-2011, 12:51 PM
thanks, that does sound nice and easy.... ...but where is the link? where does the link take you? where are the links?

tylerhutchinson
05-20-2011, 05:33 PM
Personally, I would create a Blogger account and then put it on FB as a link. This does multiple things. It can get people to subscribe to your blogs via RSS, assist in adding ADsense and a new venture of possbily making money, plus it is slightly easier to do then to create a note in FB and link it out.

Hope this helps. : )

greenoak
05-20-2011, 08:04 PM
thanks.... i have a blog already...i still dont see where exactly the link is....on the blog? where else could it be?

Spider
05-20-2011, 10:51 PM
Ann, on FB there is a window into which you post stuff - "Write something."

Immediately above that is a horizontal list - Share: Post: Photo: Link: Video

When you click 'link' another window opens into which you enter the url of the page to which you want to link. After you 'Enter' it you will likely get the option of choosing an icon to accompany the link.

greenoak
05-21-2011, 08:09 AM
thanks spider, i get that part...i link a lot...i know how to do that...
.but i might want to have a link to something i dont have anywhere else...so where would i store it ? waiting to link to it...
can i make a special place to store future facebook links?

in other words ,, where is the link im linking to? where is that link sitting and waiting to be linked to? i just want to have something a little bigger that the normal post.....if it were on my blog i could link there ....but where else could it sit?
maybe i should just use my blog for this ...which i dont mind if i know thats the best option...the blog kind of has a different job tho...

Spider
05-21-2011, 08:35 AM
I thought it was strange you didn't seem to know about the bit I explained! Silly me!

Okay - where to host the linked material? Really, you can host in anywhere. It could be a post on your blog, a page on your website, a page on someone else's website, a brand new website.... it doesn't matter, from the FB-visitor's POV. From your POV, though, there are certain considerations. The main one is, I think ---

Is the linked-to content to be available ONLY to FB-visitors?

On your blog, it would be available to everyone who visits your blog from any source - do you want that?

On your website, it could be available to everyone who visits your site, if it is integrated into the navigation, but it could be available only to FB-visitors if it is not incorporated into your site's navigation. (Make sure you have a link back to FB on the isolated website page.)

If the material is long enough, you could place it as an article on any number of article directories - Article Directory (http://www.articledirectory.com) is one such (there are hundreds of them to choose from.) Then link to it from FB.

You could start a totally new domain for such material and link the articles together, creating your own depository of articles.

Is that more in line with your thoughts?

greenoak
05-21-2011, 08:47 AM
yes...thank you!!!! thats what i was afraid of..i wanted an easier option....
.. for ease it will have to be on my blog...i can do that without help...i have to have someone else do anything on the website....

Spider
05-21-2011, 08:55 AM
Well, the easiest option is a FB Note, surely.

But you said your blog was really meant for other purposes - so start another blog for this purpose. You could create a one article Wordpress page or a multi-article Wordpress blog if you are going to have more of these articles. Or a completely new blog (new account) at the blog srvice you are currently using.

Lots of possibilities.