PDA

View Full Version : From Metro Atlanta

tcgroup
05-22-2011, 01:41 AM
Hello, I'm from Metro Atlanta. I'm a full time working professional in social services management but have no business experience. I'm toying with the idea of a small business so I'm learning right now. Great board you all have here, I look forward to engaging in some discussions soon. Thanks!

Patrysha
05-22-2011, 01:55 AM
Welcome to SBF!

vangogh
05-22-2011, 02:06 AM
Welcome to the forum tcgroup. I had no experience running a business when I first started and I think it's safe to say few of us did. You'll get the experience on the go and you'll be surprised by how much you've probably learned working for others over the years. Feel free to ask any questions you have. Most of us have been exactly where you are now and will be happy to help if we can.

Looking forward to chatting and thanks for joining the community.

cbscreative
05-23-2011, 11:48 AM
Once you get free of working for the man, it's addicting. Be warned, you may never be happy again unless you're self employed. Welcome to the land of people who love their job and their boss.

BTW, new guys get to buy the bagels. Just set them in the lobby next to the coffee station.

KristineS
05-23-2011, 12:19 PM
Welcome to the forum. Doing your research before making the jump is smart. The more you know, the better prepared you'll be.

MostHeather
05-30-2011, 12:22 PM
Hello TCGroup. It's nice to meet you and good luck on your new business venture. I hope to *see* around. ;)

tylerhutchinson
05-30-2011, 12:27 PM
Welcome to the forum. This forum has a lot of great information and I am sure we can all help get your small business up and going with you!

mhilliarda
05-30-2011, 12:50 PM
Hey,

Nice to have you! If you spent time in social service management you probably have a lot of experience in having patience, if that's the case, it will you a lot with having your own business. This is a great place to share your thoughts and ideas, as well as ask questions. I've learned a lot from some of the regular contributors. Look forward to hearing from you!