PDA

View Full Version : New Member

livingproof
05-26-2011, 11:37 AM
Hello everyone! I'm Jeff Porterfield and I run Living Proof Editing, a small proofreading and editing business. I'm looking forward to getting advice about marketing my talents and building the business. So far I have one ongoing client, but it's not enough by far. Any clues would be greatly appreciated.

vangogh
05-26-2011, 11:56 AM
Welcome to the forum Jeff. One ongoing client is a start. Feel free to ask any marketing questions you have. A few quick and general thoughts. Since you have your services defined the next step is thinking about who your services would appeal to. Then figure out where those people spend time and build some kind of presence in those places so you can let potential clients know you exist. Once your name is in front of potential customers it becomes a matter of convincing them to choose you over the competition.

Obviously there are a lot of details I'm not mentioning, but the above, general though it may be, is really what marketing boils down to.

Thanks for joining the community.

Spider
05-26-2011, 02:04 PM
Welcome aboard, Jeff.

cbscreative
05-26-2011, 05:20 PM
Welcome, Jeff. In addition to this forum being a great resource for marketing discussions, you may have already noticed we also have a Copywriting section. You should fit in well here. Enjoy.

tylerhutchinson
05-26-2011, 09:11 PM
Nice to meet you. I think you will find some great tips in the forum.

I think finding a good target market to go after is a great start. Are you on Linkden? I think that would be a great social site for you to utilize and network your business. I have a business consulting firm and I am getting a lot of leads on there.

KristineS
05-27-2011, 12:20 PM
Welcome to the forum.

MostHeather
05-30-2011, 11:16 AM
Hello Jeff! It's nice to meet you. Have you tried any type of networking for additional business leads? Sometimes a friend of a friend can become your newest client. Anyway, I'm new here too and hope to see you around..