PDA

View Full Version : Make Your Brand Cool

Spider
06-10-2011, 02:15 PM
Had to post this article from a newsletter I receive regularly - SiteProNews. I thought it right on, and that it would benefit many here --

Is your brand cool? Cool is the ultimate compliment your company or product can receive from its buying public. To be cool is to be special, superior, and of higher value than the competition, which is why coolness is such a sought-after marketing objective. And before you reject the idea that your business, product, or brand doesn't have to be cool, think again. To be cool is to be desired and to be desired is exactly the goal of all marketing communication. Sure you want sales but first you got to be cool....

Enjoy! ---SiteProNews: Make Your Brand Cool (http://www.sitepronews.com/archives/2011/jun/10.html)

greenoak
06-10-2011, 02:37 PM
neat post spider..... we try for that and a couple of things help....we are usually the first to show a new idea or trend, but we cover several at all times,not just one...right now we are heavy into cottage, industrial, green and classics and french.....
and we have a big turnover of inventoroy all the time...so there is lots of unexpected....
and we have some big fabulous and expensive things that are definitly pretty cool.... like on our facebook page today.....
and we are jaded and figure our customers are too.... we want to be interesting and different....they like our 14 ft robot!!!
i think its the opposite of trying to educate your customers to like you....or to get what you are trying for....
in the web world i think ittybiz is very coool.... she is totally herself and speaks her mind and makes a lot of money...and gives real service i assume.... altho most of it is over my head..i did learn a bit on her site.....she looked at my site once and complimented our store..i thnk i had posted about her on my blog.... when she had that 175,000$$$ lAUNCH OF AN EBOOK OR SOMETHING ....said she would love to see our s tore......
im not sure how all this would apply to the serious side of life...like an accountant or bricklayer..

tylerhutchinson
06-10-2011, 03:38 PM
I agree being cool in the public's eye can make a big difference. Thank you for posting.

tuitionsource
06-10-2011, 06:52 PM
Thanks for sharing the link Spider. I never really thought of whether my business is cool or not.