PDA

View Full Version : I started to sell cosmetics online how can i promote my site?

oxana
06-30-2011, 06:11 PM
I have no idea how can i promote my site
maybe he don't looking good ?:confused:
any body can tell me?:(

vangogh
07-01-2011, 12:30 AM
Could you tell us a little more about your site? What have you tried to do to promote it?

DeniseTaylor
07-11-2011, 04:23 PM
Hi

The look and feel of your site is not as important as the content. The content serves to bring you traffic. As long as your site's looks aren't repellent, it has little to do with traffic.

However, the keywords you use in your content and how you use them have everything to do with how well your site performs.

Without a lot of content, then you'll have to manually drive traffic to your site.

vangogh
07-11-2011, 04:54 PM
You already are promoting all over the world since you have a website. The main thing about promoting your site is to get the name out there. Ideally you'll identify who are the likely customers for your business and figure out where they spend time. Then make sure to have some kind of presence in those places. That could mean advertising where your customers are or finding a way to interact with them. Learning search engine optimization so your pages can rank well in search engines would be another good idea to promote your site.

The look and feel of your site is not as important as the content.

I think content is probably more important, however the look and feel of your site are very important too. Get the look and feel wrong and people will likely leave before they read any of your content. The look and feel also set the context in which the content is consumed. You can get people to be more likely to think your content good if because of the look and feel of the design.

tylerhutchinson
07-11-2011, 09:42 PM
I do not see a site to review? Can you tell us about your products?

vangogh
07-12-2011, 10:57 AM
Tyler I don't know that Oxana was specifically asking for a site review, but the domain mentioned is mirra.us

Katrina
10-26-2011, 08:24 AM
Hi Oxana,
I got the same problem. Did you have any luck recently? I also selling the same cosmetics in UK:))I saw you website, it looks pretty good

MostHeather
10-26-2011, 09:49 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum! Your site looks pretty good, but one minor criticism - Your prices look like they're formatted backwards - should be $9.99 as opposed to to 9.99$. Just a little tweak to improve ;) I look forward to seeing you around!

MyITGuy
10-26-2011, 12:01 PM
I have no idea how can i promote my site
You can join other forums that revolve around the industry you want to target.
If you have a large Facebook/Twitter following, you can advertise your products there.
You can create a Google Adwords account that will display your advertisement when specific searches are performed.

maybe he don't looking good ?:confused:

There are a few issues I noticed:
The $ is on the wrong side of the amount as MostHeather pointed out
You may want to review your links as at least two give me a 404 error (Main Page, the "See our Price List" on the bottom and Contacts & Forum --> форум)
You may want to review your menu structure as some links are still in Russian? (Menu for Contacts and Forum)
You may want to review some of your pages as some text is still in Russian? (Mirra Formuls --> Package and Contacts & Forum --> Прайс-лист)
It looks like your running Joomla 1.5, you may want to consider upgrading to the latest release for security purposes
Additionally you may want to look at an SEO Module for Joomla such as MetaGenerator (MetaGenerator - Joomla! Extensions Directory (http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/site-management/seo-a-metadata/11038)) which will automatically generate the appropriate page titles/keywords and etc that the Search Engines will look for.