PDA

View Full Version : Old guy, but new here!

bstone81
07-20-2011, 12:59 AM
I've decided to jump into the online forums for small business. I don't know everything, but I have been around awhile. In my late 50's now, I have owned and operated two small businesses, both that employed around 200 employees. The first was a mortgage company, which I owned for 21 years. The 2nd was an Internet Technology company.

I'm now doing small business consulting. My skills are strong in off-line and online marketing. I have found that the successful marketing techniques have been around for centuries. The core principles have not changed much, only the arenas they are used in.

If you are a small business that is looking for a personal, hands-on approach to your online marketing needs, check me out. You can simply click on my signature link below.

vangogh
07-20-2011, 01:26 AM
Welcome to the forum bstone81. None of us know everything and we were all new to forums at some point. I promise it doesn't take long to feel right at home.

Sounds like you have some good experience to share. I'm sure we'll be able to learn from you and look forward to helping where we can as well. I completely agree with you about the core principles not changing. I think what the internet does is tweak some of the details and serves as a way to amplify the things you do. If you jump into the social media scene that amplification is even greater. The core principles are still the same as always since they're based on us and we haven't really changed all that much.

Nice to have you here and glad you decided to take the plunge. Thanks for joining the community.

Steve B
07-20-2011, 05:56 AM
Welcome, it sounds like you'll be a great resource for many of us. Most of us know the operations of our businesses pretty well, but the marketing and sales is the challenge (that is certainly my situation).

Spider
07-20-2011, 07:42 AM
Welcome aboard.

Business Attorney
07-20-2011, 08:49 AM
Welcome to the community. I look forward to your participation in our discussions.

greenoak
07-20-2011, 09:53 AM
welcome
and im looking forward to hearing your ideas...

bstone81
07-21-2011, 10:48 AM
Thanks All. Sounds like a great community. I look forward to participating.

KristineS
07-22-2011, 09:48 AM
Welcome to the forum.