PDA

View Full Version : Resign from LLC

rooster
08-09-2011, 03:48 PM
I formed a partnership in Florida with 2 others. We have an original partners agreement we all signed in 2009. We do not have an operations agreement. We are trying to form one but it is very difficult. I am the registered agent in Florida & I would like to resign from the company. Our agreement does not state anything about a member leaving. From what I can tell in the Florida status & talking to sunbiz.org today, I can resign & let one of the other partners be the registered agent. Is this correct? Are there any things I need to watch for? I don't care about the money I have invested I just want out.

vangogh
08-15-2011, 04:28 PM
Welcome to the forum roster. Are you an LLC or a partnership? This isn't my area of expertise, but I would think there are different rules in regards to leaving the business based on the entity.

Sorry no one has answered your question yet. I don't have enough experience with this to answer either, but I'm hoping by commenting I can help your question come to the attention of those people who might know the answer.

rooster
08-15-2011, 07:22 PM
We started out as a partnership but then changed it to a LLC. I have read at sunbiz.org that for Florida it is a simple process. I resign as registered agent and one of the other partners sign on. I am within the Florida Status. Just wanted to know if anyone had any knowledge.

vangogh
08-16-2011, 01:18 AM
It's funny. I figured I would do a search for resign from an LLC Florida. A couple of forms from sunbiz come up and then a couple of results after this thread and another from this forum. In between is this article about forming an LLC (http://www.limitedliabilitycompanycenter.com/florida.html), written by one of our members, David. His site is an excellent resource on LLCs.

At the bottom of David's article is a PDF form for resigning from an LLC.

Business Attorney
08-18-2011, 02:03 PM
I'm sorry that I missed this thread earlier, but as vangogh points out, there is a form for that. Florida is a little different in that respect than most states, since most states don't require that you file anything with the state when you resign as a member.