PDA

View Full Version : Finding a factory or two to make products similar to basic calculator

BobbyZ
08-22-2011, 02:32 PM
Hello there. I have a new project i'm putting together. My problem is I have never contacted a factory to make me a product. I am aware of many other facits of the business but this is giving me some stress. I want to use a US based company and have found some local ones. I was wondering if there was any great resources out there i'm missing. I'm assuming there are databases or networking sites geared to helping my situation. Also, any tips other than shopping around on how to order and not be completely clueless would be great. Thanks.
I'm based in northern California with the need for something like a custom basic calculator with multiple screens with a custom plastic body.

vangogh
08-23-2011, 02:08 AM
Welcome to the forum Bobby. Sorry you haven't gotten an answer yet. I saw your question earlier, but wasn't sure where you should look. Thought I'd reply now in the hopes of calling this thread to the attention of someone who might know.

I did a little searching and found this article on finding a manufacturer (http://www.mattaboutbusiness.com/2-simple-steps-to-find-a-manufacturer-for-your-product-online/). It has a list of resources to check.

Hope it helps.

seolman
08-23-2011, 02:24 AM
As I'm sure you know the better the design the cheaper the manufacturing costs. I suggest possibly visiting a few good quality molding companies - ask who the best mold makers are. Also some pc board mfrs/assembly businesses. They should know all the better quality engineering groups associated with the electronics trade and could probably point you in the right direction.

homie107
05-02-2015, 11:34 PM
would you consider sourcing from a manufacturer outside of the states?