PDA

View Full Version : Hello! New SBF participant here.

noshmarketing
08-22-2011, 08:28 PM
Hi all,

My name is Tia Peterson. I'm a blogger and marketing consultant and have just launched a new company called Nosh Specialty Food Marketing here in Tucson, Arizona. This is my first attempt at starting a business (I have worked for myself, but mainly as a freelancer or independent contractor). I'm looking forward to using the forum to get to know other successful small business owners and lend advice where I can.

I have a toddler son, I love the Yankees, and I am originally from the east coast.

Looking forward to connecting!

Spider
08-22-2011, 08:54 PM
Welcome aboard, Tia.

seolman
08-22-2011, 11:38 PM
Hi Tia - look forward to your posts.

vangogh
08-23-2011, 12:15 AM
Welcome to the forum Tia. I'm originally from New York and summer to me is all about watching the Yankees. I'm eagerly looking forward to October.

I like your site and the whole idea behind your business. Seems like a good market to specialize in and your business has the perfect name for it. Looking forward to chatting with you and thanks for joining the community.

TotalPC
08-23-2011, 12:43 AM
welcome to the forums. I also love the Yankees.

noshmarketing
08-24-2011, 02:05 AM
Thanks, Frederick!

noshmarketing
08-24-2011, 02:08 AM
Thanks, vangogh. I am happy you like the name. What I like about the specialty food industry and particularly new food producers is that a good number of them have these incredibly unique stories and reasons for doing what they love. Food is a passionate, emotion-driven industry. I love it!

I also work in corporate blogging, which is still nice. Eventually I would love to move all of work into the food and health industries so that I too can focus on my passions.

noshmarketing
08-24-2011, 02:09 AM
Thanks, TotalPC! Go Yankees! :)

vangogh
08-24-2011, 02:41 AM
Food is a passionate, emotion-driven industry.

Absolutely and I think the unique stories make for a very interesting job of sharing those stories to help their businesses.

cbscreative
08-24-2011, 01:17 PM
Welcome, Tia. My oldest daughter (24) is an up and coming writer and she loves writing about food too. Yesterday she interviewed a farm lady who organizes a number of food events. The upcoming event she is writing about is a gourmet dinner picked fresh from the garden, prepared, and eaten on the grounds of the farm itself. We buy a number of items from this farm and it is the best food you can get...all produced from thousands of years of proven methods rather than science and processing.

I'm a food enthusiast myself. We eat real well here and never boring or routine. It's great to have you with us here and I look forward to more of your posts.

bxlnt
08-25-2011, 02:01 AM
Welcome to the forum Tia! I'm from the East Coast as well.

AllCeasonsDesign
08-29-2011, 03:50 PM
Hi Tia,
Welcome to the forum. I see you are from Tucson! I am moving there in October. Would appreciate any tips on eating, things to see or do or just on living in the climate. I am from Wisconsin and am expecting this will be a huge change for me!

I am also a graphic artist who has designed for grocerey stores for most of my career! If I can ever answer any questions you might have in the designing/print part of food marketing let me know - I am new to forums and will be excited to be able to contribute. :)

KristineS
08-30-2011, 12:04 PM
Hi Tia,

First, let me say I love the name of your company! It's perfect for what you want to do.

Second, welcome to the forum.