PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Tian
08-30-2011, 05:34 PM
Hello all, my name is Christian and I've just joined up as I was looking for a small friendly looking forum to help me with some questions I have regarding my very small business.

I'm a designer by trade but as I've always been in to keep fit I figured I'd branch out and study to be a Personal Trainer too. I'm currently running a few Pilates classes locally and looking to expand. I started my little side line back in July last year and it's been going quite well so I need to get it running properly. I don't do much as I have a family and full-time job so only fit in a few hours of actual client facing time a week.

I'll ask one or two questions in the relevant forums but I'm really looking to make it all above board and to expand, anyway for now it's just a hello!

T :)

Spider
08-30-2011, 05:51 PM
Welcome aboard, Christian. I look forward to watching your business grow.

vangogh
08-30-2011, 07:11 PM
Welcome to the forum Christian. Do you prefer Christian or Tian? Or maybe T?

Running Pilates classes is an interesting business. Should be able to stay fit while you work. I'd think it's also a good business to go into. Anything health related usually has a large market of potential customers to draw from. I wouldn't be surprised if you find it not too hard to turn the training into your full time job and have more time to spend with your family.

Looking forward to getting to know you and thanks for joining the community.

seolman
08-30-2011, 10:21 PM
Welcome to the forum. I look forward to your posts.

cbscreative
08-30-2011, 11:02 PM
Welcome to both this forum and the world of small business. I hope you enjoy the journey.

Tian
08-31-2011, 03:46 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome. I really do feel there is an opportunity to grow well and indeed I'm at capacity at the moment. I's love to move to a bigger hall but finding it at a good price is difficult. The wife isn't too keen on it but I'm trying to involve her. The way I see it is that if we do it together she'll understand the potential.

I'm an LLP and she is a Member but I'm still working on making her an active one.

Thanks again!

T :cool:

vangogh
08-31-2011, 10:39 AM
Good luck. We'll be here to offer support and answer any questions we can.

AllCeasonsDesign
08-31-2011, 11:31 AM
Welcome Tian,
I hope you find this forum as helpful as I have. It appears to be a wealth of information!

Tian
08-31-2011, 11:57 AM
Guys, I've noticed something! You all type with funny accents!

I think I've done something really stupid. I've joined your forum without checking where it's based. I'm in the UK and suspect much of what I need to now will be specific to the UK! I've joined another forum but have to say this one is much busier and friendlier! Shame really but totally my fault.

I'm really sorry totally my bad!

T :eek:

cbscreative
08-31-2011, 12:24 PM
We have members from all over the globe so there's no reason to feel like an outcast. Maybe the financial and tax advice here will be of limited value, but much of what you can get here applies anywhere.

KristineS
08-31-2011, 01:07 PM
Definitely stick around Tian. Steve is right that some of the legal stuff might be different, but marketing and social media and web design, or a lot of it anyway, tends to be universal.

vangogh
08-31-2011, 01:20 PM
I'll third the opinion to have you stay. Like Kristine said the legal and tax details might be different, but the basic principles of business and marketing are universal. While most people here are probably located in either the US or Canada, we do have members from all over the world too.