PDA

View Full Version : year end....

greenoak
12-14-2011, 08:57 AM
im starting to make my lists for the new year.... seems like i always get very useful insights from this forum... one big thing on my list , thanks to a new member here, the mobile guy..is getting a you tube channel up and get videos on our facebook page... i know the fans will like it....and he gave out great directions......and we have the stuff to do it......
.... year end is big to me...we get to see the years numbers....and usually jan and feb have a little more down time ....so far for this year its...y.tube....new buying theory..... and u pick up on ebay...
also its a time to throw out the bad ideas from last year...and hopefully not to throw the baby out with the bath water!!! .

huggytree
12-14-2011, 09:18 PM
im finishing the year with a BANG....7 new customers in 45 days....i went from 13 customers to 20! and i can barely keep up with the workload

my goal for 2012 is to HIRE ONE EMPLOYEE!!(finally)

greenoak
12-15-2011, 12:55 PM
i hope you get it huggy. and good luck on picking the right person....when we consider someone we usualy present it as we need help for this project....that way we can get a feel without really committing.... and get out of it nicer if its obviously a bad fit....like if they are slow motion, sloppy, cant do an important part expect to talk on their phone whenever... etc etc

huggytree
12-15-2011, 07:32 PM
i hope you get it huggy. and good luck on picking the right person....when we consider someone we usualy present it as we need help for this project....that way we can get a feel without really committing.... and get out of it nicer if its obviously a bad fit....like if they are slow motion, sloppy, cant do an important part expect to talk on their phone whenever... etc etc

the problem i have is im in a union, so to some degree i have to take what they give me...right now is a good time because there are some good guys on the bench....i may have to hire and layoff 5-10 guys to find one though... union rule is i can layoff after 2 hours and move onto the next one

im torn on the union when it comes to hiring part time, but would like to stay union if i can hire full time.

my wife says i wont find someone who moves like me and it will stress me out....i partner up right now with a commercial plumber once in a while...im literally 4x+ faster than him.....its incredible how slow he is......i work with him because he's a friend and is 2x better than me at figuring out things...he saves me time in one way, but costs me in another. if i had an employee like that id fire him in 2 hours

SnellExperts
12-15-2011, 10:57 PM
This year has been great for us! Not positive but looking like one of the best years in nearly 25! I think the weather has helped out a bunch though since it is still fairly warm where we are at. I am really looking forward to next year though because we are ending with a lot of opportunities that will hopefully see fruition next year :) Here's to crossing our fingers!

J from Michigan
12-16-2011, 12:12 PM
Posting online videos is one of my goals for the next year, as well.
I've actually had a personal and business youtube accounts since their infancy (2006)... but never posted anything.

Jan and february are 'dead stop' for us, so I'll have to wait until spring.