PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Longmont, Colorado

C*H*U*D
01-08-2012, 12:13 PM
Hello everyone!

I've been reading all morning and liked what I saw, so here I am. I've been running my online business for 1 year now, but want to start doing things a bit more intelligently...or at least be a bit more informed. I had pretty good sales numbers in 2011 (for what I do), but feel a need to get smarter about profits. This forum looks like a good place to learn, so back to reading for me!

Juan

vangogh
01-08-2012, 01:41 PM
Welcome to the forum neighbor. I'm just a few minutes away in Boulder. What kind of business do you run? Feel free to ask any questions you have. Hopefully someone here will have a good answer and I'm sure one or more of us will at least have an opinion.

Thanks for joining the community.

C*H*U*D
01-09-2012, 01:03 AM
I design and build parts for Radio Control Rock Crawlers...basically toy trucks for grownups. It started as a hobby a few years ago, and took off by itself thanks to another forum I am on. I realized last year that I needed to get my ducks in a row, so I got all the licenses required and started running things more like a business. I've been using Quickbooks for about a year and have a poorly designed website but it works. One of my goals for this year are to get the site in better working order, and incorporate Ecwid into it. Since all of my sales are online, I don't have a physical store to worry about, but I would like to get my work space in my basement better organized. It's hard to find time for everything though when you are the CEO (Chief Everything Officer). By the way, this is a part time business that I wouldn't mind growing into something more.

vangogh
01-09-2012, 01:32 AM
Cool business. Adults need toys too. And you have lots of rocks around to test them on. :)

Let me know if you have any questions where the site is concerned and don't forget to add a link to it in your signature so we can all see. I hear you about finding time for everything. I'm CE(verything)O too and there are many more things I want to get done than I can usually get done. Part of the fun and challenge of owning a business where you're the lone employee.

Every time I'm in Longmont now I'm going to be on the lookout for radio control trucks.

cbscreative
01-09-2012, 12:13 PM
Right in vangogh's neighborhood...welcome aboard.

KristineS
01-09-2012, 12:28 PM
Welcome to the forum.