PDA

View Full Version : Inventory Software

Junior Rivero
03-25-2012, 12:44 PM
Hey all!

For our EMS service i'm looking for a inventory software for tracking or distribution of our inventory. So therefore no selling option is needed in the software. We have one main warehouse which supllies 3 sub warehouses. At these 3 warehouses our EMT/Paramedic staff wil supply their Ambulances with material. The idea is to have them scan each item and entering the amount the are retreiving form those 3 sub warehouses. This will automatically update (wirelessly) the inventory and aadvice when re-stock or re-ordering is needed. Anyone who can help us out in advice for such of software. I tried searching online but most of the software out there had the sell option which in this case is not needed. Please do advice....

Greetings Junior!

Harold Mansfield
03-25-2012, 05:26 PM
Just because it is capable as a selling tool doesn't mean that you have to use all of the options. I think a POS software is going to be the best thing. That's what they do.
How many software programs do you have that you use 100% of thier options and functions?
You choose the one that has the best features that you are looking for.

As soon as I read your question, I immediately thought of Supermarket Checkout software. Put in your own products, is bar code ready, has mobile devices to update on the fly, and tracks inventory instantly. Who cares if you aren't selling anything? Something like that can easily be repurposed for your needs.

Evan
03-25-2012, 10:05 PM
I sort of question how you even account for this if you're not even tracking your costs with specific patients. Sure, you're not "selling" them, but aren't some of these costs possibly recoverable from insurance? Otherwise if I were an employee, I'd see a golden opportunity just to steal (and "check out" inventory), as you're not really seeing who it's going to...