PDA

View Full Version : The Beauty Industry

Patrick Williams
05-07-2012, 11:09 PM
Hello,

Any input will be much appreciated,
I would like to start a online business, the concept is to build a flash sale website just like gilt.com/jackthreads.com.
I would like to make something very similar to the above web sites.
I do know i need to buy in bulk to sell on discounted prices. What is needed to get started ? Do i need a license ( resell license) ? i have ideas on how to proceed but nothing solid to fall back on. I do have someone that can build a strong website, but it is more of the background procedures I need advice on.
Like a said any help is much appreciated!!

vangogh
05-08-2012, 01:51 AM
Hi Patrick. I mentioned in your intro thread that I'm sure what a flash sale website is. At first I thought you meant a website built using Flash technology, but I'm guessing now it's just a description for the type of sale.

I'm not an expert in what I think you're looking to do, but I would imagine you'd want to get in touch with each manufacturer who's good you want to resell and see who you go about buying from them in bulk. I think you do need some kind of paperwork, whether it's a license or registration I'm not sure, in order to be able to buy wholesale and resell.

I did a little searching and found a site that looks like an official government site in Ontario. Here's the page for something called ONe-service (http://www.ontario.ca/en/services_for_business/STEL02_119177.html), which looks like it will lead you to find the information you need. Hope it helps.

Patrick Williams
05-14-2012, 09:05 PM
The website is very helpful. Thank you for all the help.

vangogh
05-14-2012, 11:00 PM
I'm glad it helped. When I came across it, it looked like it had most everything you would need to go about getting a business set up in Ontario. In the U.S. that information is often on the website for the Secretary of State for whatever State you're in. The ONe-service website looked very similar.

tmerrill
05-21-2012, 08:44 AM
In terms of actually building your website, are you going to do it yourself or pay someone? Either way, I'd recommend you use Wordpress. That way, even if you pay someone to build your site, you will still be able to run your website because Wordpress is so very easy to use. You can find someone to create you website for a reasonable price on elace.com or odesk.com.

vangogh
05-21-2012, 11:44 PM
I like WordPress too so I'll second the recommendation.

krymson
05-23-2012, 01:31 AM
I third it. Its what my website is built in and I love it.

David Ford
05-27-2012, 11:26 PM
Hi.. I have quite a few wordpress sites operating now and agree with all of the comments above about it being your best choice.

While your beauty products business is just starting out it may be easier to simply join up as an affiliate - this is fairly simple. You sign up for an account with someone like Commission Junction (http://cj.com) .. they have literally hundreds of companies in your niche that you can then apply to to sell their products on your site.

For each sale you will receive a commission. It is a quick effective way to get started.

Once your site grows a little you could then approach large brands, demonstrate that your site is of value to them and they will usually then look to supply you directly

Good luck )