PDA

View Full Version : Hello, Bill Akleh from Vancouver

Bill Akleh
05-15-2012, 03:12 PM
Hi, I am a small business owner from Canada looking to learn a few new things by signing up here. In particular to make sure I'm doing the right things with taxes and accounting.

A little bit about me: I like the Canucks (and hockey obviously), like most other sports as well. I'm into business and finance and politics - the usual...

vangogh
05-15-2012, 04:23 PM
Welcome to the forum Bill. Taxes and accounting can be confusing at times, but we have a few people here who know both well and I'm sure they'll be able to help with your questions. Hockey fan here too, though I'm an East Coast U.S. guy so I'm rooting for the Rangers to win the Cup. You ran into the hot team this year.

Looking forward to chatting with you and thanks for joining the community.

KristineS
05-15-2012, 04:38 PM
Hi Bill, welcome to the forum. I have to confess I'm not a hockey fan, but I do like talking business and marketing.

Bill Akleh
05-16-2012, 03:38 PM
Thanks for all the replies.

Yes Vangogh - we did run into a hot team - but we went to the cup the year before so I have to say I'm happy about that. I guess I'll have more time to focus on my business now instead.

Patrysha
05-16-2012, 03:44 PM
Hi Bill...Another Canadian, Hockey Fan, Business Owner here...but one province over...

vangogh
05-16-2012, 04:01 PM
True and as much as we'd all like, our teams aren't going to play in the last game of the season every year. As a Rangers fan I've been waiting a long time for the team to get as far as they have this year.

MostHeather
05-18-2012, 02:43 PM
Hello there! It's nice to *meet* you, Bill! Hope that you have a great Victoria's Day weekend :)

Bill Akleh
05-18-2012, 05:33 PM
Thanks Heather.

True and as much as we'd all like, our teams aren't going to play in the last game of the season every year. As a Rangers fan I've been waiting a long time for the team to get as far as they have this year.

You guys look exhausted though - my bet is the Stanley Cup will be returning to California.

vangogh
05-18-2012, 07:38 PM
Playing 16 out of a possible 16 games will tire you out. I've seen all the numbers showing how no team that played it's first 2 series to 7 games each has ever won the playoffs, but I'm hopeful. The Kings are clearly the hot team, but it's felt like it was going to be the Rangers year much of the season so we'll see. I wouldn't count the Devils out either. They've been playing good through the first 2 rounds.

cbscreative
05-19-2012, 12:32 PM
Welcome, Bill. I don't share your enthusiasm for sports or hockey, but I do for small business. If you didn't notice the free coffee in the lobby on your way in, be sure to grab a cup. Your turn to bring bagels will come soon enough.

Bill Akleh
05-24-2012, 12:21 AM
Vangogh - you must not be happy about that loss to the Devils - at least the East has had an interesting conference finals though.

vangogh
05-24-2012, 04:38 PM
Nope, though the last time the Rangers and Devil's played in the Eastern Conference finals, the Rangers took games 6 and 7 and then went on to win the Cup. I can hope history repeats itself. I'm sure you remember too given who the finals were against.

BNB
05-24-2012, 05:44 PM
Now that the Panthers are out, does it really matter anymore?

vangogh
05-25-2012, 12:26 AM
Hey another hockey fan. Cool. Since the Devils knocked out the Panthers you can root with me for the Rangers to beat the Devils. How does that sound?