PDA

View Full Version : Need help for the next step

Bhajan Preet Singh
06-12-2012, 04:19 PM
I HAVE A RETAIL SHOP OF LADIES AND CHILDREN FOOTWARE IN MY CITY . THE STORE IS RUNNING GOOD. I WANT TO MOVE TO THE NEXT STEP .
i mean ...there are many queries which i want you to answer :

query 1. selling the products in ebay is a good idea???
query 2. i have a variety of punjabi jutti ( its a footware basically used by indians.( very popular in punjab(state of india)) and i know the indians outside india is love to buy that footware.so how to apporach international importer .(to whom i can send these footwares )
the image of punjabi jutti is https://www.google.co.in/search?tbm=isch&hl=en&source=hp&biw=1280&bih=685&q=punjabi+jutti&gbv=2&oq=punjabi+jutti&aq=0&aqi=g10&aql=&gs_l=img.3.0.0l10.887.3947.0.6054.13.12.0.1.1.1.17 7.1500.2j10.12.0...0.0.bPoN-UZOab0
query 3. how to approach online shopping companies to do business with me.
query 4. anyone from outside india. want to do business with me .

waiting for the reply

tmerrill
06-13-2012, 08:50 AM
Selling on ebay can be a good idea. But it can also be time consuming. You to post your goods for sale, package and mail the goods when they are sold, etc. If you have the time, you should try ebay. It will not cost you much to test it out.

If you can you should probably try to create your own retail website. You'll have more control over the look and feel of your website, and it might attract more customers.

To find an importer I would suggest talking to someone at an embassy. I'd google to see if there is an embassy in your town. If you want to import to the USA, you should look at The U.S. Small Business Administration | SBA.gov (http://www.sba.gov). The SBA gives help to small businesses, including importers. You might be able to find someone through this site.

Bhajan Preet Singh
06-13-2012, 03:02 PM
Thanks for your reply

AccountantSalary
06-16-2012, 06:03 PM
I think starting on eBay is an excellent idea. With almost no risk, you can test the market and see how international buyers respond to your product. You can also try different advertising methods and price points with each new listing.

Arrowhead21
07-17-2012, 10:17 PM
Yeah, I second that for Ebay. The competition alone for online wholesale shoe companies can be a bit daunting, but every one of those corporations started small, too.

SellRex
07-18-2012, 04:15 PM
Since you are in India with fashions that might be very fresh for the US market, take a look at Bonanza.com, too. I like eBay, but I also see a great deal of wonderful foreign merchandise selling on Bonanza.