PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

StefanT
07-23-2012, 10:56 AM
Hi everyone,

My name is Stefan and I help people improve their interpersonal skills. I am very passionate about what I do and am looking to write a book about improving social skills. I wanted to connect with others and see if they have had similar experiences and can help with a few recommendations.

I hope to be helpful in the forum!

vangogh
07-23-2012, 08:08 PM
Welcome to the forum Stefan. Always good to improve our interpersonal skills. What kind of experiences were you hoping we could share? General business? Book writing? We have lots of people with the first and some with the second.

Looking forward to getting to know you and thanks for joining the community.

HandyMarketer
07-24-2012, 03:21 PM
Hi Stefan,

Welcome to the forum! I love reading about self development so good on you to work in this -already quite busy- sphere. I work in a communications role so interpersonal skills are of course quite important. I'm quite an open person in the first place but still I like questioning myself from time to time, and at the moment I listen to the podcasts from MorningCoach (http://www.morningcoach.com), you might find some inspiring ideas from their site.

Goo luck with the book,
Christelle

DeniseTaylor
07-24-2012, 03:58 PM
Hi StefanT

What great knowledge you have! Do you have a website?

I bet your information could help a lot of people.

StefanT
07-25-2012, 07:10 AM
Hi guys!

Well, I'm hoping a book will help promote my business which I really tend to keep local. I just started a website with a group of other coaches. Have you guys done something like this to promote your small business? Have you done presentations to folks in your community? We are thinking to do that as well in our local community centre.

Thanks for the tip on the podcast Christelle!

DeniseTaylor
07-25-2012, 02:47 PM
Actually, StefanT, I have done local presentations in the past, for previous ventures.

It works very well, especially if you have an interactive format where people can get involved in what you're all about. That could be via role playing drills or Q & A, etc. If you need a venue, we have utilized rooms at our local library and private rooms at restaurants. Don't know if it would work in your case, but perhaps that info will help you.

Good luck!

StefanT
07-27-2012, 05:28 AM
Thanks a lot Denise! We are still setting up and have run into some delays because of some personal issues with one of our partners, but hopefully that should take care of itself soon.

I like your ideas on role playing drills, etc. Thanks!