PDA

View Full Version : Count down Ebay / Invisible Bay - a good idea?

asd345
08-28-2012, 08:41 AM
Hello,

as my last ideas where bad, I'm looking for opinions on this idea, or how to make it better. Or, worst case, if it already exists somewhere.

Its basically Ebay with a count down mechanism. So instead of bidding up, the price is going down from one the seller sets. There are two versions which might come true in one site: First it goes down to 0, second it goes down to a price only the seller knows and stops by then, unsold.

And as we're on it: How about an ebay were people bid for a time and do not see the bids and the price, the one closes to the price gets it?

Like ebay the site gets a small provision from each sale.

That's it.

Thanks for all help!

MyITGuy
08-28-2012, 11:33 AM
Already been done. quibids.com is a site that I've heard/seen commercials or advertisements for.

As a buyer and a seller, I don't see how reverse auctions would make sense...but thats just my opinion...

asd345
08-30-2012, 07:00 AM
hello,

quibids is s far as I get it just like ebay, but the bids cost. Thats not my above concept.

But thanks, glad to hear more!

krymson
08-30-2012, 09:45 AM
Not a fan of the idea, why would the seller want to sell to lose money? Kinda like wiping before you poop... it dont make sense...

GreaterVisibility
08-31-2012, 11:32 PM
As a seller, I wouldn't list if I was going to watch the price go down. Not even if I was making money in all likelihood, as that is counter-intuitive to most people's minds. Talking a seller into that, even if they were making money hand over fist (and I'm not sure how that would happen with the price going the wrong way), would be near impossible.

As far as blind bidding goes, maybe someone would be interested in that. There are sealed bids submitted for things at times. I wouldn't probably do it, as I might be wasting my time in bidding blindly whereas I know I can go to ebay and just bid on something straight up, but it could be something that someone was interested in.

dereksbicycles
11-17-2012, 06:20 PM
I would not want to do a dutch style auction. I would hate that as a seller.

As for blind bids, I won't mind. If a person can get it low and then sell it for more money later, what is wrong with blind bidding. Who cares how you get an item as long as you gets them legally, right? As long as you can make money....