PDA

View Full Version : how to find the clients about the military stuff in foreign countries

Stella621
08-28-2012, 11:36 PM
Hello ,this is stella from China ,i am exporting the military stuff ,such as the uniform ,sweater ,camo t-shirt , boots , backpack ,bulletproof vest ,etc .
how to find to the potencial customers online in freign countries . How you dear friends will do if you want to search the chinese products ? except going to china ,what kind of webs will u search ? Is anyone familiar with military stuff and markets abroad ?
good days to all !!!!!!

vangogh
08-29-2012, 01:17 AM
Welcome to the forum Stella. Do you mean you sell military styled clothing to ordinary people? In that case I don't think there's any one place where you customers would be. I would think people looking for this kind of product would search the web by product name. For example if I wanted a camouflage t-shirt I'd search "camouflage t-shirt" or similar.

You might also try searching for military surplus stores if you're looking to sell directly to retail stores and are selling authentic military gear that you legally have the right to sell.

billbenson
08-29-2012, 01:54 AM
Actually, I'm guessing she is wondering how people in the US and outside of China find made in China goods to sell here. My guess is there are large distributors here who deal with bringing goods in from China in particular. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the actual distribution chain is several layers deep.

There may actually be US distributors with China offices who may be willing to talk to you.

I've never seen posts here indicating that anybody is buying goods made in China. It make take some digging to find out how trade works between the two countries.

huggytree
08-29-2012, 01:57 PM
i order ammo and misc gun parts once in a while.....i get catalogs all the time in the mail from these mail order places

cheaper than dirt
sportsmans something or other

there's probably a 1/2 dozen of them out there..

when i do a search its for the exact item im looking for...if your website is designed well enough i will find you when i come looking

then id recommend a mailing list and those catalogs...i always look through them...i dont buy much if anything, but i do look....my favorite item is always the cammo underwear section--- for that special women in your life

im not sure if the 'made in China' will be a big seller with the army surplus crowd...if i wanted a bullet proof vest i would never consider one from China...id want the best, most expensive one made...i wouldnt risk my life to save $100...

Cammo clothes are pretty popular....i think even Kohls is selling some of the stuff for kids to wear to school....there's a market for cammo stuff for sure

jamesray50
09-03-2012, 03:46 PM
I'm slightly confused. Do you live in China and are starting your business and looking for people to buy from you? Are you wanting to know if people in other countries will buy from a Chinese business? Are your products made in China and you are wondering how that is perceived by people in other countries? Sorry for not understanding exactly what you are asking. Here in the USA, a lot of times I don't even know a product was made in China until I get it home. But, if I am purchasing online, if it says Made in China, I will probably not buy it. The reason is because when I started buying on eBay several years ago I would buy from sellers in China. But, I wasn't happy with the quality of my purchases. Cheap prices mean cheap quality. I don't buy from China anymore on eBay. Please don't think I am saying all products from China are bad, I'm just stating what my experience has been.

huggytree
09-03-2012, 08:33 PM
im assuming he's trying to sell Chinese military surplus everywhere...

some people who buy surplus WILL NOT buy from China because they want US quality.....but i think many things would sell since its most likely dirt cheap

billbenson
09-03-2012, 11:37 PM
I get quite a few email requests from China to sell their goods here. I think the OP is in China and wants to sell the goods outside of China.

The product line I sell qualifies for "made in the USA" even though certain parts and products are made in China. The US Military is a large customer of mine. They buy parts made in China. The made in China parts go through stringent testing as they need to meet OSHA and US Military standards as well as other standards.

If the original poster is selling items like bullet proof vests, I'm sure they would need to go through stringent testing by whoever is selling them here. A more profitable scenario for the OP is to sell parts or materials for a bullet proof vest and have it assembled here in a way that it qualifies for the made in the USA tag. I would think police departments and other organizations that would buy a bullet proof vest would have a policy to buy made in the USA unless it isn't currently available made domestically.

Camouflage apparel would be different as most clothing is made outside of the US.