PDA

View Full Version : A little help please?

purelyscientific
08-30-2012, 05:43 PM
I am starting my own e-juice business. I will be selling my e-liquid online. E-juice is a solution containing nicotine and flavorings as well as a couple other chemicals. It is used to refill electronic cigarettes.

From what I have read so far, I need a EIN and a DBA correct?
Will I need any special permits due to the fact that the juice contains nicotine? What If I only sold non-nicotine juices?

I have all my supplies already. I plan to get a DBA and a EIN, open a bank account, make a website, then start selling my liquid. Am I missing anything?

I just need a little guidance or a push in the right direction. I have never paid taxes before, let alone paid taxes for a business. Is there anything in particular I should know?
If anyone has experience selling electronic cigarettes for e-liquid online I would be very grateful for some help. Although, I could understand if you were reluctant to do so lol.

rshughes
08-31-2012, 05:12 PM
You could get basic advice by googling "how to start a business in (area or state you're in)". Other than a tax ID number and DBA, you may need to get a seller's permit if you're required to collect sales tax. And most cities will require a business license and/or certificate of occupancy. If you'll have employees, you may need an employer ID number as well (we call that an EIN in California, different than the tax ID).

Sorry, I don't have info on what's required to sell nicotine. It's a drug, so maybe DEA, ATF or FDA? There's no question you'll need some kind of agency approval, since the consumer will be inhaling (drinking? ;)) it.

Pack-Secure
08-31-2012, 07:48 PM
Check with Chamber of Commerce, Small Business Association, and your local licensing bureaus.

Good luck with your new business venture.

lacarrye
09-05-2012, 04:32 PM
Hello,
I recommend to do some research before make an investment, it is good product, high demand but it is regulated due to it contains nicotine which is controlled drug. (Call FDA to their hot line, they will guide you)
Regulation of E-Cigarettes and Other Tobacco Products (http://www.fda.gov/newsevents/publichealthfocus/ucm252360.htm)

Regards, John

synconlinemedia
09-10-2012, 04:50 PM
I would incorporate in your state, set up an EIN for the entity, do a DBA for the entity. You can right off a lot more if you incorporate and, god forbid, if anyone gets sick form your juice you are protected. They can go after the entity but not you personally. Thats the idea at least. Far as selling liquids I have no idea what ht legalities would be. Try going to lawyer.com and see if you can find a specialty lawyer. Or, a better idea, go to your competition online, call them and ask them form the consumers point of view.