PDA

View Full Version : Staring Liquor Store

LunaZ
09-04-2012, 01:09 PM
Hey Guys/Ladies, Liquor Store is My Dream.

I want to start my own liquor store in Delaware. Any Advice any other liquor owners that would like to share their expirience with me? I already have an idea of the things i need but any problems I should be aware of? Any type of infotmation can help and be thankful. i will keep the forum inform.

Thank You

billbenson
09-04-2012, 02:29 PM
I talk with the owner of a small liquor store nearby. His prices are about 10% more than the ABC chain nearby. I buy from him from time to time out of convenience and I like to support the small business. He says the margins are so small that he can't really compete with the likes of ABC. Its a family owned business and they don't have any non family employees.

I think it would be a tough industry to get into.

websonalized
09-13-2012, 01:50 PM
Hello LunaZ,

billbenson has a good point and if i was you I would try to do as much research as possible before opening. As the business is your dream and being one who can sympathize as I myself followed followed through with my dream ans even though I failed twice before getting it up and running I can understand exactly what you mean.

You may want to find good suppliers for the products you’re interested in selling, Do alot of market research and physically checkout the stores locally to see how many Liquor stores that are already running there and how they're doing.

AmandaKess
09-13-2012, 03:04 PM
Hello LunaZ,

billbenson has a good point and if i was you I would try to do as much research as possible before opening. As the business is your dream and being one who can sympathize as I myself followed followed through with my dream ans even though I failed twice before getting it up and running I can understand exactly what you mean.

You may want to find good suppliers for the products you’re interested in selling, Do alot of market research and physically checkout the stores locally to see how many Liquor stores that are already running there and how they're doing.

Definitely make sure there aren't any large corporate competitors nearby. There was a local liquor store in my hometown for as long as I can remember and this past year a new Spirits popped up nearby and drove them out of business. Unless you're the only store around, or if you are planning in setting up shop somewhere far away from your competitors you might have a really hard time making any kind of sustainable profits.