PDA

View Full Version : Dog Insurance

asd345
09-11-2012, 07:42 AM
As a company is successful that is selling the service to let dogs be kept by atheists after the rapture I would suggest a more worldly model: An insurance for you dog that guarantees it to be given to hospitable new owners in case you die (and the dog is not raptured with you).

What do you think?

huggytree
09-11-2012, 04:02 PM
isnt that what your family is supposed to handle for you?

my parents have 1 dog and 1 cat....ive strongly advised them not to get more....when they die it will be my responsibility to get the dog/cat a new home

Harold Mansfield
09-11-2012, 07:59 PM
"As a company is successful that is selling the service to let dogs be kept by atheists after the rapture..."

What?

GreaterVisibility
09-11-2012, 08:02 PM
Um.........no. You seem to like trying to spin ideas off of existing things. First online auction sites, now insurance. Are you trying to come up with the next big thing, or are you trying to find something that you can do to earn a living? If you're trying to earn a living, you could do that without reinventing the wheel by getting involved in selling insurance, reverse mortgages (as in the other thread), or by starting a regular online auction site and just aiming it at some niche that you like (or even just becoming a seller yourself). What is your ultimate goal? Just curious. You have ideas, and that's good, but what are you wanting to do in the end?

billbenson
09-11-2012, 09:44 PM
"As a company is successful that is selling the service to let dogs be kept by atheists after the rapture..."

What?

Ya, What?

Wozcreative
09-12-2012, 01:36 AM
This thread brings on the luls. Is it joke?

asd345
09-12-2012, 02:40 AM
hey,

about the rapture thing:

Eternal Earth-Bound Pets (http://eternal-earthbound-pets.com/)

About my motivation: Chose whatever you like, when it suits you go with the next big thing. So I dont have to do it in order not to starve and want to make money easy. capitalism, like.

How about any comments on the idea? Would be very thankful for that!

Wozcreative
09-12-2012, 10:36 AM
Dogs don't need insurance, they'll just eat the people who haven't raptured.

Freelancier
09-12-2012, 03:06 PM
"Insurance" products are regulated in most places. Services don't necessarily need to be. So I wouldn't call what you want to offer "insurance", but a "service".

There are people crazy enough to want their pets to find new homes in case they die. And family often don't care the same way about your animals.

Consider starting with a local large city and work outward from there, because if you're offering this as a service, then you'll need to deliver on it and that's not something you can do with just a few phone calls. Also figure out your plan if you can't place the animals fast enough, because then you might end up with a bunch of animals in a place not big enough to support them.

billbenson
09-12-2012, 06:41 PM
I'm sure there are parents with no extended family who bite the dust in a car wreck. kids end up in foster care, dogs end up at the pound.

asd345
09-13-2012, 02:30 AM
hey,
thanks, yes I thought of this. This seems to be an even mildly positive review, what do you think people would pay for it? I estimated about 50$/year.
best