PDA

View Full Version : Hello - I'm Steve from New Jersey

PlasmicSteve
09-12-2012, 06:42 PM
Hello forum! I'm a designer, illustrator and animator from Cherry Hill, New Jersey. I've had my own freelance business since 1997, first doing a lot of identity, illustration, and print work, then moving to more web, video and interactive projects more recently. I'm also a drummer and screenwriter.

I'm coming over from another forum that lost its mojo in the last couple years - another new member, Wozcreative, recommended this place. Looking forward to participating in technical and creative discussions here, learning a lot and sharing anything I can offer.

Pack-Secure
09-12-2012, 07:08 PM
Hello and welcome. I am luving the influx of new members. :)

Elabusiness
09-13-2012, 03:55 AM
Hi Steve, Nice to meet you and welcome to the forum. Hope to have good time and sharing of knowledge in this place.

PlasmicSteve
09-13-2012, 05:52 AM
Thanks for the welcome, both of you. I appreciate it.

KristineS
09-13-2012, 11:11 AM
Welcome to the forum, Steve. Nice to have you here.

PlasmicSteve
09-13-2012, 01:33 PM
Thank you, Kristine.

AmandaKess
09-13-2012, 03:06 PM
Hello and welcome. I am luving the influx of new members. :)

Glad to be here! :) Welcome fellow newbie!

PlasmicSteve
09-13-2012, 03:41 PM
Thanks Amanda!

Harold Mansfield
09-13-2012, 09:59 PM
Hi Steve, Welcome to the forum.

vangogh
09-14-2012, 02:12 AM
Welcome to the forum Steve. Great name by the way. :)

I do know Cherry Hills. I'm originally from New York and lived in Philadelphia for a couple of year while in college. If I remember correctly a few people I went to school with were from Cherry Hills.

I see we've been picking up a few new members from the same forum. Their loss is our gain. We're happy to have all of you here. Thanks for joining the community.

PlasmicSteve
09-14-2012, 06:05 AM
Thanks, VanGogh. Yep - we're about 15 minutes outside of Philadelphia, which is pretty convenient.

The other forum has let itself die, mostly due to spam. It's sad, but when the main page regularly shows 15 posts and ten are spam - and a few others are old posts with a keyword like "laptop" revived by spammers, there's no way it can survive. Glad to be here.

vangogh
09-14-2012, 10:55 AM
And if I'm not mistaken Cherry Hills is a pretty nice place.

I can understand about the other forum. We actually started here because another forum dropped the ball. Quite a few of us used to post on a similar forum (same domain except .com instead of .net). Ownership kept changing and eventually the latest owners seemed to stop caring or responding. After that forum went down for a couple of weeks without explanation many were going to jump ship. I asked everyone to wait a few days and set this place up so we could continue the conversation. Now the old place is a ghost town, except for the tumbling spambleweeds.

PlasmicSteve
09-14-2012, 11:47 AM
It's a fairly nice suburban city, with good parts and a few bad parts. Some people know it from the first Harold and Kumar movie - this is where they were headed, though there isn't really a White Castle in Cherry Hill. That was just movie magic. We don't have cliffs, either.

Thanks for the background on this forum. Nice to see that it's risen out of the ashes. And I like "spambleweeds" - I've got to try to work that into a conversation before the day is out!

vangogh
09-14-2012, 03:38 PM
Spambleweeds just popped into my head as I was writing. I was thinking of changing the phrase to something more realistic, but I liked the imagery.

PlasmicSteve
09-14-2012, 04:24 PM
Definitely keep it and use it often.