PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I am Mike from Cleveland

ctowngaming
09-23-2012, 07:50 PM
Hey everyone, my name is Mike and I am 21 years old. I run a retro video game store online on eBay and Amazon, I am looking to expand to my own website in the near future.

Wozcreative
09-23-2012, 08:06 PM
Welcome to the forum Mike!

Pack-Secure
09-23-2012, 08:13 PM
Hello and welcome. Video games seem like a fun line of products.

ctowngaming
09-23-2012, 08:45 PM
Hello and welcome. Video games seem like a fun line of products.

I can't think of a better thing to sell, I get to spend my day reliving my fun childhood memories of playing video games! For me though, selling in general is a huge thrill, finding a extremely rare game and selling it for a huge profit is a big rush.

Pack-Secure
09-24-2012, 12:22 AM
Selling anything for a huge profit is a big rush :)

KristineS
09-24-2012, 11:01 AM
Welcome to the forum, Mike!

Harold Mansfield
09-24-2012, 04:18 PM
Welcome to the forum Mike.

Being from Michigan, I've spent a little time in OH. Have relatives in Columbus, and Cincinnati where I proudly wear my University of Michigan football gear. Been to a couple barn burners at the Horseshoe. Also worked at Cedar Point in college. Partied at Kent, U of T and OU for Halloween. Been to Cleveland too. The Flats? Heard it's not the same anymore though. This was back in the 90's when you could bar hop up and down the rivers edge, get a tattoo, stuff your face at Shooters, catch a live band and wrestle a grizzly bear all in the same night....on the same side of the street.

vangogh
09-25-2012, 01:48 AM
Welcome to the forum Mike. Definitely sounds like a fun business to be in. How retro are the games? I can remember when Pong was a brand new game and everyone was excited to play it. Does anyone even remember Pong?

Looking forward to chatting and thanks for joining the community.

ctowngaming
09-25-2012, 07:16 PM
Welcome to the forum Mike. Definitely sounds like a fun business to be in. How retro are the games? I can remember when Pong was a brand new game and everyone was excited to play it. Does anyone even remember Pong?

Looking forward to chatting and thanks for joining the community.

I typically sell any games I can make money on old or new, but I specialize in system older that tens years old. My most common systems are Nintendo's, Sega Genesis, or any other systems from the 90's.

Pack-Secure
09-25-2012, 08:42 PM
Hmmm, Pong? I remember playing Pac-Man at the arcades. Still luv that game.

Business Attorney
09-25-2012, 09:00 PM
Mike, welcome to the forum. Just curious, though - you say you sell on eBay and Amazon, but are looking to expand to your own website in the near future. I read that there are a lot of stores that are only on eBay and Amazon. Have you analyzed the cost and concluded that you can cover it by the savings in fees to eBay and Amazon? It seems a lot are deciding the other way.

Hmmm, Pong? I remember playing Pac-Man at the arcades. Still luv that game. Pac-Man seems appropriate for a pack man.

By the way, I like the old arcade games. I dropped a lot of quarters in them in the 1980s.

vangogh
09-25-2012, 11:41 PM
My most common systems are Nintendo's, Sega Genesis, or any other systems from the 90's.

I probably remember many, though I think more of my gaming would have been in the 80s. I go back to playing Asteroids and Space Invaders at the arcade and even Pac Man.

canvard
09-26-2012, 03:52 AM
hi`~~I am new also

ltito
09-26-2012, 06:23 AM
welcome to the forum mark, look likes we have same interest, video games. (I can spend all day long just to playing DotA)

ctowngaming
09-27-2012, 03:42 PM
Mike, welcome to the forum. Just curious, though - you say you sell on eBay and Amazon, but are looking to expand to your own website in the near future. I read that there are a lot of stores that are only on eBay and Amazon. Have you analyzed the cost and concluded that you can cover it by the savings in fees to eBay and Amazon? It seems a lot are deciding the other way.

Pac-Man seems appropriate for a pack man.

By the way, I like the old arcade games. I dropped a lot of quarters in them in the 1980s.

By opening my own site, I have no intention to quit selling on eBay, It would just be a place I can send customers and I could charge less for merchandise. My main goal is to really become something bigger than a reseller, I want to be the guy who supplies the resellers. There are a ton of possibilities with having your own website, my whole goal is to take my business to the next level. There is a ton more planning and thought that needs to go into the next steps of growth, that's why I am not rushing. I made that mistake once and it cost me alot of money, so for now I was just getting some insight into cost and going from there. One of my main issues on eBay is the price of fees only seems to be rising, and the prices of the merchandise I sell is not. There are so many routes for me to take now it's just overwhelming, I just got contacted by the official distributor of Nintendo video games. They are offering to distribute new video games to me at wholesale cost, this could be a potentially great opportunity. The main issue is I will be competing directly with GameStop and Amazon, and that is a tough route for a small business. Not to mention it breaks my goal of sticking to retro video games.

welcome to the forum mark, look likes we have same interest, video games. (I can spend all day long just to playing DotA)

It's Mike :D, the funny part is I hardly play video games haha.

hi`~~I am new also

Welcome!

I probably remember many, though I think more of my gaming would have been in the 80s. I go back to playing Asteroids and Space Invaders at the arcade and even Pac Man.

Yeah, I sell older systems and games aswell. I do not know as much about them though, I just recently got in a Atari 2600 with 50 games.

Pack-Secure
09-27-2012, 04:23 PM
hi`~~I am new also

Hello and welcome.

MostHeather
10-05-2012, 06:54 PM
Hi Mike! Welcome to the forum from a neighbor - we are located in N. Olmsted! What a small world it is after all..