PDA

View Full Version : Truly Eye Catching Business Name and Sign

Steve B
10-30-2012, 04:57 PM
I saw a truck with a trailer today that caught my eye. The trailer was the type that is typically used by landscaping companies to carry their equipment. The name of the business was "My Daddy's Lawn Care Company". The signage was either designed by young kids (with crayons) or it was done by somebody in the style of a little kids. Before the phone number, also in crayon style writing, it said "Call my Daddy and he'll cut your grass". If I were in the market I would hire this guy either because it would feel like I was helping a young family out, or I would want to reward his clever advertising technique.

Just thought I'd share a truly unique name that I stumbled on today.

huggytree
10-30-2012, 07:11 PM
I saw a truck with a trailer today that caught my eye. The trailer was the type that is typically used by landscaping companies to carry their equipment. The name of the business was "My Daddy's Lawn Care Company". The signage was either designed by young kids (with crayons) or it was done by somebody in the style of a little kids. Before the phone number, also in crayon style writing, it said "Call my Daddy and he'll cut your grass". If I were in the market I would hire this guy either because it would feel like I was helping a young family out, or I would want to reward his clever advertising technique.

Just thought I'd share a truly unique name that I stumbled on today.

would your $1,000,000 customer want to hire someone like this.....i see your point about being unique, but id question if its professional

im not sure i like it...maybe id have to see the van.....did the driver have sleeves on his shirt or was he dressed in wife beater attire

fayt
10-30-2012, 09:54 PM
That is a great idea for a residential business.

painperdu
10-31-2012, 07:41 AM
Nice advertising.

Harold Mansfield
10-31-2012, 08:30 AM
I think it sounds like great marketing and I don't see how it would affect what kind of clientele you land as long as it was professional.
So many small businesses have no personality that it's refreshing to see people who embrace the marketing and branding of a company.

seolman
10-31-2012, 11:11 AM
It really depends on the niche the business is chasing. If they prefer the homeowner and small business market I think it's brilliant.

Rover
10-31-2012, 11:20 AM
I would hire the guy. It would make me feel like I was helping someone local that I would run into at the supermarket, pretty much what op said.

Harold Mansfield
10-31-2012, 11:25 AM
I think it's unfair to assume that just because a business has a cute gimmick that it will somehow affect what kind of clients they can get. Everyone doesn't have to be the same stiff, white truck, nondescript, general business as everyone else.

There's a local produce company here that started small. Their name is "Get Fresh". Colorful trucks that were definitely not like the old stiff produce distributors around here.
Now, I see them delivering up and down the strip to the major resorts and restauranteurs. And they are still just as loud and colorful as they've always been.
Now, their style is the norm.

seolman
10-31-2012, 11:32 AM
I think it's unfair to assume that just because a business has a cue gimmick that it will somehow affect what kind of clients they can get. Everyone doesn't have to be the same stiff, white truck, nondescript, general business as everyone else.

There's a local produce company here that started small. Their name is "Get Fresh". Colorful trucks that were definitely not like the old stiff produce distributors around here.
Now, I see them delivering up and down the strip to the major resorts and restauranteurs. And they are still just as loud and colorful as they've always been.
Now, their style is the norm.

Very good point.

KristineS
10-31-2012, 12:31 PM
I like the idea. I agree you'd have to choose your target market carefully, but I bet this lawn care service could do very well in suburban neighborhoods with young families.

A marketing tactic that is different, as this one is, will stand out, but it still needs to be targeted. I'd tend to agree with huggytree that it might not work so well for a corporate buyer, but I imagine it would work quite well for people wanting long care for their homes. It's all about knowing your market and creating your materials and signage and image appropriately.