PDA

View Full Version : Is Google+ helpful?

angelajason06
11-01-2012, 06:54 PM
Is Google+ helpful to promote any website that Continuously updating? E.g any Blog website.

Thanks.

jamesray50
11-01-2012, 10:25 PM
I don't think it does it automatically. I think you have to post to Google+, like you do on FaceBook or Twitter. Maybe you could use Hootsuite to post to it, but I'm not sure if that's one of the media you can set up.

angelajason06
11-02-2012, 06:34 AM
I don't think it does it automatically. I think you have to post to Google+, like you do on FaceBook or Twitter. Maybe you could use Hootsuite to post to it, but I'm not sure if that's one of the media you can set up.

Thanks Jamesray50

rave
11-02-2012, 06:38 AM
I believe that Google+ is helpful to promote any website. Since Google is the one who is doing the rankings. However, when you promote into it you can only do it once/email add user. Unlike Facebook and Twitter that you can continuously promote your site on your accounts.

JimKyleJr
11-06-2012, 10:30 AM
angelajason06,

Yes. Google+ is helpful. It captures microdata and that's why you'll see thumbnail images next to search results on Google's SERP. And, if your website/business is heavy into images, then Pinterest will be helpful.

Hope this helps!

angelajason06
11-08-2012, 07:47 PM
angelajason06,

Yes. Google+ is helpful. It captures microdata and that's why you'll see thumbnail images next to search results on Google's SERP. And, if your website/business is heavy into images, then Pinterest will be helpful.

Hope this helps!

I did not understand Clearly!!

dianecoleen
11-09-2012, 06:43 PM
Hello Angela! I would say that Google+ is really helpful in a website. You can actually have a lot of advantages by using these google product. One of these are the authorship. If you have Google+ then it would be easy for you to integrate an authorship within your website. Once you have that you'll be able to see your profile within the search result together with your website. Also, You can build a fan page on that feature too. Through connecting to more friends you'll be able to share your contents. Thus, making your contents be viral online. Here's an additional information that you can grasp: The Blogger’s Guide to Google Authorship : @ProBlogger (http://www.problogger.net/archives/2012/11/01/the-bloggers-guide-to-google-authorship/)

cobase
11-12-2012, 12:59 PM
I have not found it to be helpful... Google in general is very helpful, but Google+ has not been particularly useful to me.

angelajason06
11-13-2012, 03:50 PM
Hello Angela! I would say that Google+ is really helpful in a website. You can actually have a lot of advantages by using these google product. One of these are the authorship. If you have Google+ then it would be easy for you to integrate an authorship within your website. Once you have that you'll be able to see your profile within the search result together with your website. Also, You can build a fan page on that feature too. Through connecting to more friends you'll be able to share your contents. Thus, making your contents be viral online. Here's an additional information that you can grasp: The Blogger’s Guide to Google Authorship : @ProBlogger (http://www.problogger.net/archives/2012/11/01/the-bloggers-guide-to-google-authorship/)

You mean if i will Share my website content on Google+ (If i have a number of Friends/follower) so it would be helpful to optimize my website on Google as well!

AccountantSalary
11-13-2012, 06:33 PM
Google+ has done nothing for my website. Much of my traffic comes from Facebook because it has the biggest numbers and is more established.

dianecoleen
11-14-2012, 02:11 PM
You mean if i will Share my website content on Google+ (If i have a number of Friends/follower) so it would be helpful to optimize my website on Google as well!

If the content is catchy then it would probably get a click. Although the one I'm trying to say is the author rank you can play within google+. It would really do great if you will optimize for Google. In the first place it is the major feature why we optimize our site.

RaySaj
11-15-2012, 09:39 AM
Google + is definitely something that is being pushed but for the larger enterprise with a lot of good graphical content it is definitely worth using.....from personal experience, graphical illustrations like infographs do really well there.....but for SME's it still is a bit hit and miss...with limited resources I would concentrate on (in order):

Facebook,
Twitter,
Pinterest / Google +

mdillinger
11-16-2012, 05:01 AM
Google Authorship alone makes Google+ more than worthy if you ask me. I'll even add to that with a few more.

As you might know, Google Places merged with Google+, forming Google Local. You can link your Google Local (Keep in mind this is also your Google Maps listing and the old Google Places) page to your website using a similar code mark up as Authorship, but this is called Google Publisher. I've had a lot of problems with multiple Google Places/Local pages for clients, and this is one way to clean that up with ease. Also, the Google search engine will pull relevant information from your Local page to add to your search listing.

Another reason is that Google indexes all of your Google+ posts and they appear prominently in the search engine with your profile photo attached. It's proven that photos increase click through rate dramatically.

mdillinger
11-16-2012, 05:07 AM
Here's a link I found to setting up Google Publisher for your website and Local page - Guide to setting up rel=publisher - SEO Trench (http://www.seo-trench.com/2012/03/02/guide-to-setting-up-relpublisher/)

Ronald Dod
11-29-2012, 10:34 AM
Don't use it! Just stick to the big three LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter. People automatically say well more is better and I don't agree with that. The more time you spend on Google+ the less time you spend on other networks which have many more users. 30% of Google+ users only post once, sadly.

RyanSmith
12-09-2012, 04:35 PM
Google+ is critical to your sites!

It started as Google's failed attempt at a social network (it's getting there slowly). Now it's a super-charged Yelp, plus directory.

It has tremendous effects for organic ranking (think several degrees of freedom) if anyone searching is connected with any of your +1's.

If you're marketing online, it integrates very well with the AdWords platform. My clients see a very large uptick in relevant click-though rates for ads that integrate with Google+. When people see that others are rating your company (and can see that info even on an ad) it makes people far more likely to consider you.

krymson
12-12-2012, 01:24 AM
Google+ is a major asset, watch this video, I show this to all of my clients who ask me about social media campaigns and why every business should have a Google+ account. How Google+ Can Improve Your SEO | Video | Entrepreneur.com (http://www.entrepreneur.com/video/224389)

This video should be real enlightening.

SDGSteve
12-14-2012, 12:09 AM

Basically yes, currently that's what it is best for, build a good network on there, get your content popular and your website will benefit. Facebook etc. are better for marketing directly to people, Google+ is better for improving your SEO rankings.

webnetpromo
01-07-2013, 10:42 PM
ye it is definitely, i myself is using this portal. However, the members here should be related to your trade in one way or the other. Target your profile to concerned audience who may be probable clients.

apblake
01-08-2013, 10:32 AM
As many others here have indicated, Google + is important for a variety of organic ranking factors and this is likely to persist into the foreseeable future. You might find this article published by the WSJ interesting that talks about how Google is basically forcing people to use Google + - Google Requires People to Use the Google+ Social Network, Gains Ground Against Facebook - WSJ.com (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324731304578193781852024980.html)

One thing that Google + is unlikely to be useful for (at least for now) is social sharing the way that Facebook is used. Until you get a very large network built, the activity (sharing, commenting, etc.) is likely to only be a tiny fraction of what you would see in FB or other social networks

fanbizzy
01-08-2013, 03:03 PM
Google Plus 1 is essential in retaining google page rank, everyone should utilize it.