PDA

View Full Version : Want to start business creating & selling jewelry...Is there a great market for such?

monmcv
11-07-2012, 03:49 PM
There is all types of styles out there! I want to attract adult, young adult, teenage, adolescents females and teenage and young adult males; style from crystal to wood. Secondly, I know to register a name, and attain the license...Do I need a resale license for this? :confused:

billbenson
11-07-2012, 08:32 PM
Write a 10 page WordPress site providing good product information on each page.

Write 10 adwords ads targeting and linking to each page.

Review your stats for ctr's and time spent on the pages etc. You will need to do this for a month or so.

If you do the above correctly, you will have a lot of info as to your prospect clients, hours you might need to work, and more importantly if your idea will work.

nikg
11-22-2012, 11:29 AM
that was a good idea

you just have to follow this intelligent advice

Wozcreative
11-23-2012, 06:33 PM
Jewlery is hard because I would only consider buying it if it is A, hand made, or B, something in the store that caught my eye.. I wouldnt buy and pay for shipping for a product that is mass produced and available anywhere online. Niche jewellery sell much better online than the generic stuff.

lorendesigns.com
11-26-2012, 05:55 PM
You may want to consider etsy.com. You can build an online store and market to others. Its a handy website especially for jewelry based businesses and even doing research on your competition.

<please set up a signature through Settings>

Wozcreative
11-26-2012, 06:18 PM
The only thing with etsy.com is that it all has to be hand made. It looks like the OP will be buying the products wholesale and then selling them. Those types of products are not allowed on etsy.com

Pack-Secure
11-27-2012, 12:21 AM
As long as your product is priced well and marketed well, you can succeed. Handcrafted jewelry is not the only thing that sells online. I would suggest that you possibly go into engraving, as well.

fayt
11-27-2012, 07:49 AM
There is a big market for jewelery. I recommend setting up an online store for $9 / month and having pictures of everything plus a detailed description of the products. The license would depend on your state or country. It's always different.

fayt
11-27-2012, 07:51 AM
You may want to consider etsy.com. You can build an online store and market to others. Its a handy website especially for jewelry based businesses and even doing research on your competition.

<please set up a signature through Settings>

I tried listing many items on etsy and not a single sale. It used to be good but now there is 1,000 of every item on there, like a billion listings and with the under cutting it's not profitable anymore. Unless you have something completely and totally unique. I suppose if you paid for a higher listing it might be better but the 20 cent ad's were worthless to me.