PDA

View Full Version : My Office Hardware Setup

angelajason06
11-13-2012, 03:25 PM
I have read this article its very new and Unique John is Explaining in such a Fantabulous way that how to spend on Office hardware what kinds of things you need. Pricing and Purchase. I really Like the way he Explain.This a little help for Newbies.

My Office Hardware Setup (http://smartbusinessrevolution.com/my-office-hardware-setup/)

Please write your reviews about this Specially new peoples on this forum. :)

Thanks

billbenson
11-13-2012, 04:42 PM
I'll disagree with a couple of things and agree with one or two :)

I have an hp color laser printer. Unless you are printing brochures or the likes I see no reason for the color. The cartridges are really expensive as well. The reason I bought color was so my wife could print out pictures. It's ok for that. Oh, and don't make the mistake of buying used or non manufacturer cartridges. They will mess up your printer.

I think the ability to copy is an absolute must. Scanning and then printing is way to cumbersome.

I really like the idea of the high speed scanner for archiving documents. I think I will take a closer look at that.

I also have two identical computers. Ideally if a computer dies, I should have zero downtime. For those of us who don't make money if the computer isn't working, it's worth the money for a second computer. It can be just a cheap laptop in most cases. I have two mongo desktops.

I agree with the monitor size issue. One computer has the 27 in Planar monitor the author mentioned. The other one is an I-Inc 28 inch monitor with a lower aspect ration. That means I can get more information on the page before the fold. I like that.

MyITGuy
11-13-2012, 06:01 PM
I can't take an article seriously when it instructs you to buy a $1200+ laptop without knowing your particular needs or recommending any particular models/specification, recommends that you buy a chair where the only requirement is that its above $99, proceeds to recommend a cell phone that is now over 2 years old and then finally pitches you on using free online services to make a logo and printing them via Vistaprint.

The OP is spending the money in the wrong places IMO...

billbenson
11-13-2012, 11:50 PM
Jeff, what's your experience with automating the scan and archive as much as possible? I don't need a high speed scanner, I don't have that many paper documents come across my desk. But scanning and archiving seems to make sense. The thing is if you put 20 pages in the document feeder on the all in one printer that I have and scan, I'll get one document with 20 pages.

Realistically I don't get that much paper that I couldn't just do it document by document. I'm just curious about the technology that is out there to automate this process as much as possible.

MyITGuy
11-14-2012, 10:41 PM
Jeff, what's your experience with automating the scan and archive as much as possible? I don't need a high speed scanner, I don't have that many paper documents come across my desk. But scanning and archiving seems to make sense. The thing is if you put 20 pages in the document feeder on the all in one printer that I have and scan, I'll get one document with 20 pages.

Realistically I don't get that much paper that I couldn't just do it document by document. I'm just curious about the technology that is out there to automate this process as much as possible.

I've only worked with enterprise scanning/archiving solutions, and the software can care for it automatically in most cases using form/document recognition in the advanced applications, to separator sheets that tell the software how to separate/route the documents.

Unfortunately I don't have any advice on small/medium sized applications but I'll see if I can dig something up.

billbenson
11-14-2012, 10:55 PM
Thanks anyway. I think its a process I may integrate into my day, even if I have to do it manually.

angelajason06
11-21-2012, 02:50 PM
Thanks for All your reviews Guys!! :)