PDA

View Full Version : Brochure/Copywriting Recommendations?

MyITGuy
11-15-2012, 03:05 PM
There have been some big changes this year with my client base and as such I'm getting ready for a big marketing push in the next few months to get some new clients. Does anyone have any recommendations for someone who can provide assistance with creating brochures and/or copy writing for the technology market?

I have a rough idea on what I am looking for, but I am not that great at putting my thoughts/ideas into words, hence the request.

vangogh
11-15-2012, 11:59 PM
How about Dan (http://www.small-business-forum.net/members/dan-furman.html). He is one of our resident copywriters. I'm sure he can help.

MyITGuy
11-19-2012, 05:09 PM
How about Dan (http://www.small-business-forum.net/members/dan-furman.html). He is one of our resident copywriters. I'm sure he can help.

Dan it is, I just sent back the questionnaire and am on the schedule for early December. Since this is my first time working with a copywriter hopefully it goes well =D

vangogh
11-28-2012, 03:40 PM
Dan will treat you well. If he doesn't then I'll log into his website and wreak all sorts of havoc. Just kidding Dan, :)

MyITGuy
11-28-2012, 03:49 PM
Dan will treat you well. If he doesn't then I'll log into his website and wreak all sorts of havoc. Just kidding Dan, :)

You can wreak havoc on the website, I'll take care of the server(s) themselves ;)

So far so good...although he is making me wait a few weeks...darn holidays and vacations have a tendency to do that sometimes

Wozcreative
11-28-2012, 08:39 PM
Well, I don't offer copywriting but I do a lot of brochure design, feel free to take a look at my website and contact me if you would be interested in working together: Wozcreative | Elwira Wozniak | Portfolio | Toronto Mississauga Freelance Graphic Designer (http://www.wozcreative.com)

Pack-Secure
11-28-2012, 09:56 PM
I was looking over Dan's website, seems like a knowledgeable guy. Might have to give him a holler. :) I have a few ideas in the works, but for after the New Year, probably about mid way. I have bookmarked his site though, thanks Vangogh.

Dan Furman
12-05-2012, 10:53 AM
I suppose I shouldn't be posting here and working on Jeff's brochure instead :)

I'm on it, bud.

vangogh
12-05-2012, 11:35 AM
Whew! Now I can call back my army of bots. They were all in formation and awaiting the order to invade your site, but thankfully now they'll all be able to come home for Christmas.

MyITGuy
12-05-2012, 01:31 PM
I suppose I shouldn't be posting here and working on Jeff's brochure instead :)

I'm on it, bud.

No worries here...I was just having a little fun with the holiday/vacation thing and you did set the expectations ;)

Dan Furman
01-07-2013, 11:42 AM
anyone hear anything about Jeff / MyIT Guy? I had finished his project early Dec, sent it off, got a "sorry haven't been in touch, but will review this week" e-mail on 12/13, and nothing since. Repeated e-mails get nothing, his phone numbers just "end" (no message, no disconnect - 4 rings, and then nothing). Somewhat troubling, as he seemed like a viable, decent guy, and not one to just drop off the face of the earth - I hope all is ok.

billbenson
01-07-2013, 09:34 PM
Hope he's ok. You are right, he didn't seem like the type to fall off the face of the earth, especially where his business is concerned.

vangogh
01-10-2013, 06:58 PM
He sent me a PM offering help with moving everything to a new server. That would have been just before Christmas. I'll add good thoughts that he's ok. I assume he is and just hasn't been around lately. Hopefully you hear from him soon Dan. I doubt anything nefarious is going on.

Dan Furman
01-16-2013, 11:23 AM
He's ok :)

vangogh
01-17-2013, 02:34 AM
Good to know. I take it that means you've been in contact with him.

MyITGuy
01-17-2013, 11:23 AM
Sorry for the worries guys! Things have been hectic, but good all at the same time.

I've had to go on-site to several clients over the past few weeks, and unfortunately due to the increased workload, as well as being in a few facilities that don't allow cell phones or outside communication I got a bit behind my normal day to day stuff.

While I hope the increased business is a good sign for 2013, I hope the lack of access to communication isn't a reoccurring theme.

vangogh
01-18-2013, 04:46 PM
Good to have you join us again Jeff. I wouldn't say I was worried. I know you'd been in contact with me and I've seen people drop off from posting for awhile when life and work gets busy. Good to know your absence was due in part to a busy workload. I hope it continues, though I'll also hope you can stay connected while being busy. :)